User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GEN2 - Bluetooth and phone compatibility

Ive been running ios5 for a while and yes the track info does work, (well with my aftermarket system) but it should work with the stock stereo as well, it can take and extra 4 seconds to display... just wait and extra 4 days then you can test it out.

no love with HTC Desire HD with displaying track info, even skipping tracks is a bit dodgy - usually only works is u click 2 or 3 times.

My Nexus S doesn't show names, using either Winamp or the Standard program that came with the phone.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I think samsung is the only phone using the correct bluetooth, but it's more an app than the os, so i'm sure someone will get it working.

HTC Trophy 7 works the same as iOS4; music auto plays, slow track skipping but no music info.

For those who have iphone 4 with ios5, are you having any issues with connecting to your car via bluetooth? Before I updated to ios5 last week my iphone 4 would connect automatically when I started the car, I never got track/artist info, but it streamed music and received phone calls fine, and I could skip tracks without touching the phone. Now that I've updated from ios4.3.5 to ios5 it won't automatically connect and I can't receive calls or skip tracks. Everytime I start the car I have to reconnect the phone, and it usually takes a couple of tries before it'll pair. Is anyone else experiencing these issues???

Quote Originally Posted by nick854739 View Post
    For those who have iphone 4 with ios5, are you having any issues with connecting to your car via bluetooth?

Not having issues with the connection side of thing. My 4s with iOS 5.0 is fine in that regards. Might be worth taking the phone into the Apple store or restoring it through iTunes to see if it fixes the issue?

I can't get audio info or contact address book info displayed.

Anyone had this issue and managed to fix it?

My SGSII with the latest version of android still shows all the track info and changes song instantly...

but lately I've been running Torque, which is an app that shows all the cars data, boost, water temp etc...

it will still show track data on the screen, but can sometimes play music in chipmunk mode... and then I have to shut down the bluetooth, and re enable it... and it comes good again

such an awesome phone
    2010 MPS Gen II Lux Pack 15% tint, CP-e 75 Duro xFlex Side Mounts, CPe S2 REM, CP-e TIP, CP-e CAI, CP-e Dump Pipe, COBB Access Port S2, Hyperflow TMIC, Autotech HPFP, Eibach Pro Kit, Corksport Rear Strut Tower Brace, Corksport Swaybars Front and Rear, SPC Camber Arms, 2XS Toe Arms

Name of Phone: Iphone 4s iOS5.0

Issue: Track changing takes 5secs each (trivial, yes, annoying, yes).
    Won't display track info/contact info.

Cause if known: iPhone being behind the game as far as Bluetooth goes. Mazda not giving a s**t

The slowness in the response is a bit annoying but I can deal with it, not displaying track info is 100% thanks to Apple being shit.

Same, the slowness isnt too bad.

Had my 1,000km service today, and spoke to the service manager there. I asked if he knew of any improvements in the near-future regarding BT displaying tracks. His response: "They aren't supposed to, only via CD's will you get track info". "It is confirmed that it IS meant to recieve track info from a BT device, and there has been instances where it HAS worked, but not with the iPhone". "No, you're wrong". "Good day to you sir" *walks out*

... its a known fact that majority of the so called "experts" of Mazda dealership does not know what they are talking about...

Hence, more information can be obtained through various forums throughout the whole..

Well I'm now running Ice Cream Sandwich on my Galaxy SII and the car control is now even better, I've been running it for a week now, I can now change songs as quick as I like, previously if I skipped track 5 or more times, it would lock up the name on the screen for a few minutes... now it's flawless, making calls is a breeze also and I still run Torque via bluetooth to keep an eye on boost and A/F ratios I highly recommend anyone with a Android phone upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich if you can

2010 MPS Gen II Lux Pack 15% tint, CP-e 75 Duro xFlex Side Mounts, CPe S2 REM, CP-e TIP, CP-e CAI, CP-e Dump Pipe, COBB Access Port S2, Hyperflow TMIC, Autotech HPFP, Eibach Pro Kit, Corksport Rear Strut Tower Brace, Corksport Swaybars Front and Rear, SPC Camber Arms, 2XS Toe Arms

just picked up a Galaxy Nexus. Whilst I've paired the handset I haven't done much else with it yet. Still need to xfer music across etc. Good to hear ICS working well though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Damn you all having fancy schmancy Bluetooth in your cars...

Still doesn't give me track info though. Confirmed that today

Response via Bluetooth to track commands etc though is faster than the iphone. Almost instantaneous

Oh and massive plus for being able to give iTunes the flick........ PITA damned program

Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 01-02-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Hoping someone has an idea on this one...I have a dedicated iPod touch for the car and an iPhone 4 as my phone. When the iPod is paired the phone won't pair and if the phone is paired same thing for the iPod. Anyone know why this would be and if there is a way around this? Previously had the Nokia N97 and both the phone and the iPod would pair simultainiously, when the phone rung the iPod would pause and then start playing again after the call was terminated etc. Worked perfectly. Now with 2 Crapple devices I can't get them to work at the sale time. Any ideas?????

Hmmm not sure.

Have you completely removed the N97 profile on the Mazda?

Yep, it's all gone.

Don't know how, but I got them both paired and working.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast