User Tag List

Thread: Lower

1. Default Lower

Hey guys just picked up my new MPS 6 love it but sits too high. What springs and how low should i go. want it to look good but not lose any handling.

Also the gear knob is all scratched how much for a new one and where can i get one

Depends on what your after and also your driving conditions and budget. Coilovers are great but can also get annoying on bumpy roads, your MPS would generally sit lower too so prone to scrape, I wouldn't advise if you have a steep driveway etc. I have King springs on mine, they're much cheaper, do the job and feel good (not as good) round corners. It drops the car but not by too much, it actually looks stock (how the MPS should be) It's a bit hard to see but this is an image with mine (king springs) Mal (silver MPS with coilovers) and Pete (at the time, stock)

Mal on coilovers again

Mine on Kings

That's pretty much all the images I have to show the ride height

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

3. Default

I think I will go with your set up, thats the look im after.
    Thanks heaps for your feedback and the photo's. I think joining ozmps will be the best thing i've done since buying my mps evreyone on here is really helpfull.

It's cheaper too! No worries at all, happy to help

You'll like the springs or any suspension mod really, turning in and response feels much sharper

Mal is on coilovers now?
    Thought he was on H&R springs, with bilstein shocks

Short of the height adjustability that pretty much sums up h&r coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Mal is on coilovers now?
    I thought he was on coilovers, I could be wrong bilstein shocks sounds familiar

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Mal is on coilovers now?
    Yeh Exactly I didnt think he was on coil overs ? Fairly sure it is the H&R and Bilsteins

If it were me I would go for Eibachs and Bilsteins (B8) if your driveway is not a nightmare and u can lower else B6 (which may still slightly lower the car) ... this is the set up that will go in mine one day once I work out my clearance on my driveway

There are more pics around, I will do a search and post them for you with this setup cause i have asked a similar question in the past to try and work out the look I like
    Last edited by blackbetty; 09-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Yeah I think you guys are right, I thought Mal was on coilovers.

10. Default

Parker, heres a link to the thread I posted some time back asking MPS6'ers for their setups and pics, like I said int hat thread Im happy to pay money for good things with proven quality

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...ics-specs.html