User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traction mods

Default Traction mods

Just wondering what everyone is doing/have done to there cars with regards to better traction. Since i had the performance upgrades the car wants to bunny hop around a bit in 1st and 2nd when i give it some herbs (i know this is because of the increased torque). Will new rear engine mounts help with this and cornering. I see MPSGarage do cpe duro 60 or 75. Also wondering about a rear sway bar and what brand people think is best.

Will also need to get someone to do the installation so open to some ideas please?

Rear engine mount helps a fair bit, but to really get the power down in 1st & 2nd, you're going to need some sticky tyres... Not sure how the ad08's go in 2nd, but guessing they'll still lose traction in 1st under full throttle... Pretty much anything short of slicks will

Would definitely encourage you to change your rear engine mount as the first thing you do due to your increased torque. The stock engine mount cant cope with the added engine torque (I assume you are using a hypertech). There have been cases where the stock mount has failed.

Have a look at SURE motorsports or CPE. I have the CPE duro 60 and am happy with it (i initially change my REM due to me being a horrible gear changer and that was before SURE came out). I remember some of the guys saying that doing some tweaks to the suspension improves off the line traction as well.

MPSGarage will make you wait on parts. Go for SURE. If you do, I'll be jealous.
    Get some sticky tyres...

AWD FTW!!!!

someone had to say it

Thanks to everyone for the info...i'm leaning towards the torq r3 (maybe street), only cause i'm hearing the same thing over & over again about MPS Garage and how long you need to wait for there stuff...don't wanna wait months to get this installed, i notice though that SURE dispatch out of America...how long can i expect to wait for there gear? Also...as i'm a total noob when it comes to mechanical stuff does anyone know or reccomend fitting it....I'm in Brissy...

Yes...Yes Toddy AWD....but where's the fun in that!

height adjustable suspension
    rear offset bushes for front control arm
    better tyres
    rear sway bar
    front strut brace

set it up all correctly and you wont have traction issues when cornering.

An Absolute MUST rear engine mount ,either CPE or SURE . I would rec a 60duro if u dont want vibes ? Buy either direct from USA ,del will take approx 10 days . Aussie dollar now approx $1.10
    To install is a no brainer approx 30min all up.
    Rear sway bar is a MUST ,whiteline available ex REPCO stores ,approx $230.00 .
    To install is a no brainer approx 45min .
    Rear engine mount will improve torque delivery and lessen engine rock, also improve nose lift and dive .DO IT.
    U will always loose drive traction under hard acceleration with 1st and 2nd ,learn to control throttle ,gear shifts under quick take offs. 2500 to 3000RPM gradural clutch release/ throttle increase. PRACTICE.
    Use a local member who has experience to Test.

Thanks Oldhead...great info good to know i'm sorta on the right track. So if i got a mechanic to do the install i probably shouldn't pay more then 2 hours for labour for both mods. Are there different types of whiteline sway bars or just the one? Got a repco across te road from work so migh drop in this morning.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Thanks Project,
    I think for the moment i might start with the Rear mount and sway bar as funds are a bit limited now due to a tonne of bucks spent on performance upgrades just last week...but once i'm cashed up again will definately do the other 3 things you mentioned....

Do that mate.. the REM and sway will help

Question:-

A. Need to save money
    B. Happy to drive to Beerwah
    C. Don't mind a in garage job done
    D. All the above

If you answered D, I can help you with suspension mods.

Engine mount and front shocks will help with traction! heavier rear springs will help keep weight on the front wheels. look at mazdaspeed or Eibach springs they only lower about 15mm and are the better choice of springs

REM, Coils and decent tyres have helped the traction considerably on my modded MPS 3.

Coils are set on the soft side for comfort but if they were set stiffer it will improve the traction even further.

Cheers Nirvandan, BTW noice looking ride mate....

Rear engine mount from US, buy here /www.jamesbaroneracing.com/store, fast delivery to Aus

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the info...i'm leaning towards the torq r3 (maybe street), only cause i'm hearing the same thing over & over again about MPS Garage and how long you need to wait for there stuff...don't wanna wait months to get this installed, i notice though that SURE dispatch out of America...how long can i expect to wait for there gear? Also...as i'm a total noob when it comes to mechanical stuff does anyone know or reccomend fitting it....I'm in Brissy...

Yes...Yes Toddy AWD....but where's the fun in that!
    It took 8 weeks for me to receive my rear engine mount... UNACCEPTABLE
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

i got my JBR REM in 10 days

ok,
    i've been speaking with Troy (2XS) and he has reccomended Streetunit REM (from America) & anti-lift bushes i think through Fulcrum...has anyone used this combination. I'm sure this is a good set-up cause Troy obviously knows his stuff. I just want to make sure that there is minimal/no NVH...as i use the car as a daily driver...

Also does anyone know of a good powder-coater in Brisbane....want to change the colour of my rims to charcoal with a pearl through them (to match the front grill)...what's everyone think about this...i've got the Celestial Blue (the new standard blue on the GenII)

Im getting fulcrum anti lift soon to got with my sure engine mount and dgr coils if you like ill tell you how much the anti lift improves the traction but be patient lol might be 2-3 weeks

no worries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast