User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traction mods

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    ok,
    i've been speaking with Troy (2XS) and he has reccomended Streetunit REM (from America) & anti-lift bushes i think through Fulcrum...has anyone used this combination. I'm sure this is a good set-up cause Troy obviously knows his stuff. I just want to make sure that there is minimal/no NVH...as i use the car as a daily driver...

Also does anyone know of a good powder-coater in Brisbane....want to change the colour of my rims to charcoal with a pearl through them (to match the front grill)...what's everyone think about this...i've got the Celestial Blue (the new standard blue on the GenII)
    Head to the UK MPS site. Someone there in a white MPS has done what you're thinking. Looks great, and suits the car.,.

Oh wait, Posty (now Charley Brown) did it too before he sold his car. Looked nice!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I think it will look alright hey...do you know anywhere in Brisbane i can get them done Yeldarb...mine name's Bob by the way

I think it will look alright hey...do you know anywhere in Brisbane i can get them done Yeldarb...mine name's Bob by the way
    Hey Bob, not sure if this was where Dan went, but they do wheel repairs as well

http://www.depuluwheels.com/wheels/c...s/contact.html

Brad.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Thanks Brad,
    have sent Depulu an email to get a quote, i've heard of these guys before...apparently they're pretty good...expensive but one of the best..

Well, i couldn't help myself, i've gone and ordered the Torq R3 street REM from Sure motor sports. Cost $160- (delivered). I thought that was pretty good. Hopefully have it in the next 10 w/days! Next are the Anti-Lift bushes!

i've also decided that i will get the rims re-done in a graphite, spoke with Dupulu and they can do them for $225- per wheel. I can simply leave the car with them for 3 days. No need to ship the wheels around!!

Hey Bakis,
    You got the Anti-Lift kit installed yet? Got the Sure REM today am itching to fit it but wanna do the bushes at the same time

i've also decided that i will get the rims re-done in a graphite, spoke with Dupulu and they can do them for $225- per wheel. I can simply leave the car with them for 3 days. No need to ship the wheels around!!
    ???
    $225 per wheel for powder coating?
    Or is there something else wrong with your rims?
    Most i've been quoted from the half a dozen powder coaters i've contacted was $60ea plus tax

Not powder-coating, i wouldn't go there after some of the things i've heard. Apparently it takes nothing for stone chipping...am getting them done properly, cut back to metal and re-painted in 2-pac, with a clear coat. I think i'm paying a bit extra for the luxury of driving the car into their secure facility at Darra for 3 days while they take the wheels off the car, send them to the coast for the work, then back, fitted and balanced back on the car.

BTW cause i'm not that great wtih colours can i get everyone's view on how they think a gunmetal would like on the Celestial Blue (thinking the same colour as the front grill)??
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Attachment 9342 This is basically where i am heading i think....

Troy is painting my rims ATM for way less than that in a similar colour. If you haven't gone with the other mob I'd wait to see how mine turn out first. I have a SU street REM and it's fantastic, no wheel hop and you can "feel" the engine. If you're not doing anythin on Sat, I'm Goin to Troys to pick up my rims about 1330.

Gotta work on Saturday so can't make damn it! Maybe you can post some pics? Is he sanding them back to metal then 2pacing them? What's he charging per wheel?

Hey Bakis,
    You got the Anti-Lift kit installed yet? Got the Sure REM today am itching to fit it but wanna do the bushes at the same time
    Hey mate, nah not yet i had coilover issues but there all fixed now, i'm going to lower the front a little first (again) lol.

The suspension shop i'm going to owner is in hospital so atm no one down there know's what i've been talking to him about, once his back in business i'll get them installed.

Hopefully before the start of September cause then i got a deca day , and that could possibly be the end of my Ku36's so i'll get some RE 11's or some Nitto's and that should sorta traction FULL STOP! lol
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

I'm not sure, I think he's sanding them back and then painting? Wasn't too sure on the details as I know the quality of Troys work so I know my rims will be looked after lol. PM him for prices. Will post pics when they're done!

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend64 View Post
    I'm not sure, I think he's sanding them back and then painting? Wasn't too sure on the details as I know the quality of Troys work so I know my rims will be looked after lol. PM him for prices. Will post pics when they're done!
    Ahh they're YOUR rims. Wondered who's they were
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I'm starting to wonder whether i should go Anti-Lift Kit as i'm reading that this will add NVH. As the car is driven daily and quite alot during the day i'm not sure i want to compromise the ride comfort to much. Maybe reverting back to rear sway bar instead. What does everyone think?

Yeah caff they are mine. Told Troy one day I was contemplating a different rim colour and he told me he is a qualified spraypainter. I gave him my old tyres on his old rims so he now has them as a loan set (that was my gen2 with gen1 rims), which is a really good service to offer as painting rims would be a PITA without another set of rims.

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend64 View Post
    Yeah caff they are mine. Told Troy one day I was contemplating a different rim colour and he told me he is a qualified spraypainter. I gave him my old tyres on his old rims so he now has them as a loan set (that was my gen2 with gen1 rims), which is a really good service to offer as painting rims would be a PITA without another set of rims.
    This is only with the base coat applied (2K paint job)

Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

Nice mate!! And Troy a spray painter, what can't that guy do. You should start a new thread on this!!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

Ooooh purty

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I was told by the suspension joint that you might notice a little increase in vibes through the wheels but they way he explained it to me is that your girlfriend in the passenger seat wouldn't notice at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast