User Tag List

Thread: My car is stuffed and it’s pissing me off

Default My car is stuffed and it’s pissing me off

The old girl preformed beautifully yesterday at QMF and didn’t miss a beat.

But last night on my way to a mates place, it all went wrong. It drove from my place to the bottleo fine. Got back to my car it started fine. While reversed out of the parking space, I have to give it a few more revs these days due of the locked diff, and that’s where it stayed.

It won’t idle any lover then 1100rmp anymore. It still boosts fine and drives fine, but whenever I stop, its just sits at 1100. Another thing was then moving, I push the clutch in, it’ll go from 1000 to 2000 in roughly 1 second cycles. Going slowly downhill in 2nd gear coasting, it’ll accelerate by itself until it hits 2000 then compression will kick in to bring it back down to 1000, then it accelerates again.

The engine was too hot to do anything last night. I’ve just spent all morning pulling everything apart checking/cleaning everything and the problem is still there. So now I’ve cracked the shi*s with my car and have started drinking beer.

I’ve got a few more thing I can check and just can’t be fkd anymore. Going to see Love The Beast this arvo, that may give me more motivation to work on it tonight.

Oh… does anyone know if exhaust leaks will stuff the idle?? Because I think I have one, but it’s a full day’s job getting under there.

Blog Entries

The closest to that I've experienced was a throttle sticking open a touch due to hairline crack in a cruise control linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
    The old girl preformed beautifully yesterday at QMF and didn’t miss a beat.

But last night on my way to a mates place, it all went wrong. It drove from my place to the bottleo fine. Got back to my car it started fine. While reversed out of the parking space, I have to give it a few more revs these days due of the locked diff, and that’s where it stayed.

It won’t idle any lover then 1100rmp anymore. It still boosts fine and drives fine, but whenever I stop, its just sits at 1100. Another thing was then moving, I push the clutch in, it’ll go from 1000 to 2000 in roughly 1 second cycles. Going slowly downhill in 2nd gear coasting, it’ll accelerate by itself until it hits 2000 then compression will kick in to bring it back down to 1000, then it accelerates again.

The engine was too hot to do anything last night. I’ve just spent all morning pulling everything apart checking/cleaning everything and the problem is still there. So now I’ve cracked the shi*s with my car and have started drinking beer.

I’ve got a few more thing I can check and just can’t be fkd anymore. Going to see Love The Beast this arvo, that may give me more motivation to work on it tonight.

Oh… does anyone know if exhaust leaks will stuff the idle?? Because I think I have one, but it’s a full day’s job getting under there.

sorry to hear that bird

maybe time to upgrade to an MPS 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    sorry to hear that bird

maybe time to upgrade to an MPS 3
    To a car that has 6 reverse gears and 1 forward gear??? I don’t think so......

I think i've fixed it........ I kept the idle screw all the way in going to the movies, still sitting at 1100. Just before i turned it off it was sitting around 900-1000. Then after the movie, it jumped around a bit then settled down at around 600. It was nearly stalling every time i stopped.

I've now turned the idle screw back to where it was before and its sitting around 800-900, where it should be.

There’s a second valve which controls the air at idle, going to give that a clean and reset tonight. That should solve the problem for good.