User Tag List

Thread: Mazda UK's Black edition MX-5 and Mazda2 can be had in any color... as long as it's n

Default Mazda UK's Black edition MX-5 and Mazda2 can be had in any color... as long as it's n

Filed under: Convertible, Hatchback, Mazda, UK

You'd expect a car labeled Black Edition to actually be, you know...black. Whether it's a Porsche, a Hummer or a Unimog. But then again Mercedes-AMG's top line of performance models are called the Black Series, and you can get those in any color you want. So maybe it's a page out of that playbook that Mazda has taken with its latest special edition.

Mazda's latest specials are available exclusively in the UK, and celebrate the success of the MX-5 GT race car. It's available on both the MX-5 Miata hardtop roadster and the Mazda2 five-door hatch, and while either can be ordered in green, red or white, it's the black trim on everything from the roof to the wheels that sets them apart and gives them their name.

Only 500 examples of the MX-5 Sport Black shown above will be offered, while the Mazda2 Black will give birth to 618 offspring, each packing all the bells and whistles to go along with the darkened trim. Details in the press release after the jump, with images in the high-res gallery.Continue reading Mazda UK's Black edition MX-5 and Mazda2 can be had in any color... as long as it's not black?

Mazda UK's Black edition MX-5 and Mazda2 can be had in any color... as long as it's not black? originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Wow how original....

did somebody at Mazda actually get paid to think that up?

so... what is special about them?

So you get black wheels, black roof, 2 new colours and an unimaginative badge?

Yawn.....

At least the AMG black series cars get more power and driveline and suspension upgrades. Plus weight deduction that is usually over ridden by bigger stronger mechanicals and aero kit.

In other words, Mazda, if you want to do a black series properly and not just jump on the band wagon like everyone else. Give us what we all want, a mx5 with the pose to match its ability

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    So you get black wheels, black roof, 2 new colours and an unimaginative badge?

Yawn.....

At least the AMG black series cars get more power and driveline and suspension upgrades. Plus weight deduction that is usually over ridden by bigger stronger mechanicals and aero kit.

In other words, Mazda, if you want to do a black series properly and not just jump on the band wagon like everyone else. Give us what we all want, a mx5 with the pose to match its ability
    ...yeah, Mazda, give us a Twin turbo, V10 in the MX-5 with brakes the size of the moon, and even bigger rubber on those black wheels... you know, like AMG would...
    Then I'd consider an MX-5 to own...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

HSV have done the same thing. They had some "Black" editions at the motor show. Nearest I could tell it was a standard HSV with some additional body styling (bonnet vents etc). Engine and power output looked the same. From memory they were planning a limited production run of around 200 for the Aus market, and around 20 for NZ

Seems like an uncreative, unimaginative, lazy cash-in to me but what's the bet they're already all accounted for in terms of pre-orders....

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

7. Default

FPV have a black series coming out...

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfuzz View Post
    FPV have a black series coming out...
    Yeah, but I think that had extra power and other useful bits and pieces...

Imo, the mx5 should have had 100kg striped out, and an extra 10-15% more power/torque gained from it's engine
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Turbo 2 litre... I'd MAYBE consider. As long as the price wasn't stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Turbo 2 litre... I'd MAYBE consider. As long as the price wasn't stupid...
    Agreed Jon.

They had a version with a turbo in it in the late 90s. Loved the drive

put the renesis in it