User Tag List

Thread: JBR short shift plate.

Default JBR short shift plate.

Hi all,

I have read the posts on the ssp. I purchased one ages ago but did not fit it. This was before the rubbibg problem was known and the fix included with the kit.
    What is the fix? sounds like some rubber spacers for the air box?

Any updates about fitting would be great.

Thanks,
    Mick74

The fix is a spacer on the cable to hold it above the linkages.
    It then fouls on the airbox (if running a factory airbox)

It is a flawed design from the start.

if you dont have the stock airbox, then its not too bad. the shift is definately very short

the fix was that bottom linkage spacer was made taller

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    if you dont have the stock airbox, then its not too bad. the shift is definately very short]

Same here, i got no problems with mine, very tempted to give the SURE SSP a go though.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I Have had mine for 12 months now with a MZR sri & pod . ( the info from JB stated that the short shift was not suitable with the stock air box pre purchase ) I have had no problems with the JB short shifter at all . 03BLK has a 2XS shifter with a mzr intake & pod & had to remove it as well , because it was rubbing I think .
    Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 22-07-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    03BLK has a 2XS shifter with a mzr intake & pod & had to remove it as well , because it was rubbing I think
    I had the same issue on my car with the 2XS SSP. I think it just depends on the car. They obviously aren't all exactly the same.