User Tag List

Thread: Would you consider....?

Default Would you consider....?

changing the color of your car using various car wrapping vinyls? There is a big trend for this type of 'mod' in Europe.

Examples:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	9091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	9092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	9093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	9094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	9095  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	9096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	9097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	9098  

I dunno if i would do the whole car tho... I wanna do the roof in black but dunno how simple it is really, haven't done alot of research into this

4. Default

I've helped to wrap a roof in black shadow vinyl before. And mine is currently half done (long story lol)... definitely a fun, easy mod that pleases the eyes in many ways!

$100 should get you a large enough piece to get the roof done. quite a few diy's floating around the internet too for those of you guys interested in doing it (am happy to link the one we used if someone wants).

That sounds interesting, maybe throw a few links to get this topic going?? I wouldn't mind doing it myself hopefully i dont fk it up

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    I've helped to wrap a roof in black shadow vinyl before. And mine is currently half done (long story lol)... definitely a fun, easy mod that pleases the eyes in many ways!

$100 should get you a large enough piece to get the roof done. quite a few diy's floating around the internet too for those of you guys interested in doing it (am happy to link the one we used if someone wants).
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

i got my Euro done by a pro for $170, looked mint!

i'd love to do my MPS in Matte Black i love that look... i wonder how much someone would charge.
    Last edited by Rayd; 19-07-2011 at 02:11 AM.

I am in the process of getting a few highlight bits done in matte black I will hopefully be able to post some photos near the end of the week. Def worth doing and good for resale if you want to take you car back to standard but have it look different while you own it !

Quote Originally Posted by johnymps View Post
    I am in the process of getting a few highlight bits done in matte black I will hopefully be able to post some photos near the end of the week. Def worth doing and good for resale if you want to take you car back to standard but have it look different while you own it !
    I'll look forward to seeing pics. I'd like to do my roof and bonnet in Matte Black (to contrast black car).

Anyone got a link to buying the vinyl wrap?

*ORDER FOR ONE MATT BLACK WRAP (ENTIRE CAR) AND RED POWDER COATING FOR WHEELS*

I might be interested...

A mate of mine is currently thinking on doing this as a DIY on his IS200, currently looking at different suppliers and info on how its done, imo if we end up doing a good job of it we might look into doing more than one car....