User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered a Clarion NX-501a Today

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Absoulutley wonderful. I gotta find someone in Melbourne that that can do this quality of work

Did you replace the original sub/speakers

If so, how/where etc
    He's excited...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Absoulutley wonderful. I gotta find someone in Melbourne that that can do this quality of work

Did you replace the original sub/speakers

If so, how/where etc

Hey,

Retained the original sub and speakers....... even with the original speakers, the sound is much better than the stock unit. Have had it in for a while now and still think that it is pretty awesome. Also recently had the ipod video cable installed - it is a special cable that has the usb connector on it as well as AV connectors, so can watch video on the screen that is stored on my iPod.... not something that I do a lot, but the guys at the audio store offered it to me for free and installed it as well (need to take the unit out to connect the video to an av input on the back of the stereo) so I thought why not.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    He's excited...
    I am... 

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyACT View Post
    Hey,

Retained the original sub and speakers....... even with the original speakers, the sound is much better than the stock unit. Have had it in for a while now and still think that it is pretty awesome. Also recently had the ipod video cable installed - it is a special cable that has the usb connector on it as well as AV connectors, so can watch video on the screen that is stored on my iPod.... not something that I do a lot, but the guys at the audio store offered it to me for free and installed it as well (need to take the unit out to connect the video to an av input on the back of the stereo) so I thought why not.....
    Can I also ask:

How responsive is it when scrolling thru music (any major delays)

How quick is it in receiving a GPS signal

Anything to watch out for?

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Can I also ask:

How responsive is it when scrolling thru music (any major delays)

How quick is it in receiving a GPS signal

Anything to watch out for?
    The unit takes about 20 seconds to 'Boot' up. It runs on Windows CE I believe - the same as the Alpine.

Once it is loaded - everything is instantaneous. Swapping between functions is also instantaneous - it is very responsive. You can use either the Menu button on the unit or the mode button on the steering wheel to jump between functions. When using the mode button on the steering wheel, the selected mode has a blue border and the text of the function is also blue (unselected functions have white text) and if you just leave it on the function it selects it or you just keep pressing mode until it reaches the function you want pause and it will select.

Accessing play lists on the iPod is just like you were using the iPod - they show up straight away and you can search via title, artist, album, playlists etc. You also get an a-z listing on the side and you can scroll this with your finger and then press the letter you want - this is faster than going through all the playlists from A-Z if you have heaps. Once you get used to the flick and scroll on the screen it is a breeze to use. It also shows any album art on the screen as well.

GPS signal is acquired fast and a voice also tells you when you loose it. I park in my mothers basement car park everyday and it takes about 5 mins to park the car once i get in the basement (it is a stupid car park so lots of turning needed) so just as I am about to turn the car of it lets me know that signal is lost. The GPS also has all the usual stuff and warns about exceeding the speed limit, high accident areas, school zones, fixed speed cameras etc- of course all these are customisable. Updating maps is as easy as taking out the Micro SD card and putting it in a Micro SD card reader attached to your computer and using the NAVI Extras software.

You can also update the software on the unit when Clarion provides updates using a blank Micro SD card (most Micro SD cards come with an adapter to convert to SD so you can use a SD card reader - my Dell Monitor has one in the side of it). I have updated the Bluetooth on the unit and it was simple.

iPhone works perfectly with it (I don't use my iPhone for music though, I just have a iPod classic which stays in the glove box, you can connect the iPhone to the unit via the USB Cable and both music and phone work. There are 3 options - 1. just use the normal cable that comes with your phone and plug that into the USB cable in the glove box or where ever they put it and it can play music via it and you connect via Bluetooth for the phone, 2. Get the additional cable, it plugs into your iPod/iPhone and you can also stream video - this cable is needed ans it connects to the unit via USB and also gives you the video connectors required to connect to the unit 3. just stream music/phone via Bluetooth. When you access the phone book from the screen will take a second to load, but then it is there. However, it does not retain the phone book, it loads it each time the phone connects but is relatively quick.

Have had no issues as such.

Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123