User Tag List

Thread: Position of licence plate?

Default Position of licence plate?

Stumbled across this on the net and thought it was interesting for something down the track if I ever get personalised plates (a discussion for another day lol), has anyone else done/thought of doing this?

Rho-plate for Mazda

Wouldn't mind moving it to the passenger side, would be similar to where Evo's have theirs. I like the look for some reason.

My car...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302855905.129816.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	9043

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    My car...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302855905.129816.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	9043
    Nice! So how did you have it mounted there? Did you use a kit from somewhere or just a DIY job?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    Nice! So how did you have it mounted there? Did you use a kit from somewhere or just a DIY job?

Cheers
    I'm a mechanic by trade, so I made one up during my lunchtimes. Pics of my mount are floating around on this forum somewhere.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...new-mod-p.html

Try this link
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I'm a mechanic by trade, so I made one up during my lunchtimes. Pics of my mount are floating around on this forum somewhere.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...new-mod-p.html

Try this link
    Thanks for that. Might play around with the plate and some double sided tape, see if it would look any good on my 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    Thanks for that. Might play around with the plate and some double sided tape, see if it would look any good on my 6.
    I think you'll need a sturdier fixture.

I think you'll need a sturdier fixture.
    Lol, wouldn't drive with it attached like that. Although might not be a bad thing with the way I drive, if it fell off that's one less plate a speed camera can lock onto...... now to obscure the rear plate and I'm set

Quote Originally Posted by fully6mps View Post
    lol, wouldn't drive with it attached like that. Although might not be a bad thing with the way i drive, if it fell off that's one less plate a speed camera can lock onto...... Now to obscure the rear plate and i'm set

lol lol
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Kind of a pointless mod but if you're going to do it, at least get a flushed grille panel from the US as well so you don't have that stupid plate bracket &/or holes in the stock panel...

Legally you need to have it in the centre or on the P/S of the front. (Evo 6 style)

Gen 2 can get away with having it in the towhook.

Gen 1 (As seen on Grajy's car) would only be legal in the USA (Or LHD situations).

Hmmm, pointless is a bit subjective, not every "mod" has to be performance orientated. I don't see what is wrong with personalising a car, hence the threads on anything appearance related (rims, decals/stickers, lights, badge painting, debadging etc).

I prob wont end up doing anything with mine as my plan is to get all the handling and power sorted first, then worry about appearance. But thanks for the heads up about the flush panel!

Was just my opinion bud, I certainly agree that not all mods are performance based. I just prefer a clean looking ride and the side mounted plate just looks 'tacky' to me...

All the best with future plans..

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Legally you need to have it in the centre or on the P/S of the front. (Evo 6 style)

Gen 2 can get away with having it in the towhook.

Gen 1 (As seen on Grajy's car) would only be legal in the USA (Or LHD situations).
    According to the rules in Victoria, mine is completely legal. And if I'm given grief from the cops, I'll argue the point and take them to court if required.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    Was just my opinion bud, I certainly agree that not all mods are performance based. I just prefer a clean looking ride and the side mounted plate just looks 'tacky' to me...

All the best with future plans..
    Opinions are always welcome, especially when backed up with reasons why (clean looks, tacky etc). Didn't mean to jump on the use of pointless, just felt that the point to any mod is whatever the person wants to achieve, to me appearance mods are only pointless if trying to gain power or handling lol.

Although I swear my Sure Motorsports sticker adds 5kw atw......
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Although I swear my Sure Motorsports sticker adds 5kw atw......
    Agreed. !