User Tag List

Thread: HI

Smile HI

Just bought a Mazda 6 MPS in Black Mica!

Very impressive! Love the torque!

I'll take some pictures of it and post them once I get the car touched up, polished and detailed as there are many stone chips and a few scratches, and swirl marks are so obvious. Don't think the previous owner took care of it at all!

Hopefully I'll learn lots here because I am planning to do quite abit to it

Hi and welcome

If you're after some good detailing products and advice, check out ZAS, one of the site sponsors. Joel, who runs ZAS is a great guy and very helpful

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Hello and welcome

Welcome mate

Welcome.
    Obviously a person of class and taste.
    Enjoy the MPS6.

FWIW, my 6 gets stone chips if I just look at it with an evil glint in my eye. i think it's just very thin paint. I ended up buying an "Uncle Arthur" perspex bonnet protector. Looks like it should be on a Camry, but it does the job.
    Last edited by guitar69; 14-07-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Welcome. Lots of ways to spend money here. Definitely your one stop MPS advice centre. :P

7. Default

Welcome, what a fine choice in car

True about the stone chips, I went to get my bonnet resprayed and the paint and repair guy told me was a waste of time with the shape of our bonnets they are just prone to stone chips ... and he was set to make money out of it too

Hope you have fun in the MPS6 capital of Australia
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    I ended up buying an "Uncle Arthur" perspex bonnet protector. Looks like it should be on a Camry, but it does the job.
    Just adds to the sleeper look

Just add some doilies to the headrests and one of those big metal sunvisors across the top of the windscreen and you'll be set

Oh and don't forget the side mirror extensions for when you're towing the caravan

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Just adds to the sleeper look

Just add some doilies to the headrests and one of those big metal sunvisors across the top of the windscreen and you'll be set

Oh and don't forget the side mirror extensions for when you're towing the caravan

...I've just put a new tennis bull on the towbar. (Thanks to Ted Bullpit)

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    ...I've just put a new tennis bull on the towbar. (Thanks to Ted Bullpit)
    Bwahahahahah

"The Kingswood! You're not taking the bloody Kingswood! I just dry-cleaned the fan belt!"

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I've touched up a few of my stone chips. I was pulling funny faces when I could hear the sand/rocks hit my car like it was rainfall. Cruises are meant to be fun though.

I have scratches on the side panels, front bar and rear bar, looks like the previous owner dragged things out of the boot without lifting it.
    Might aswell get the stone chips touched up when I get all the defects removed from the car :P
    Still havn't got around to it yet though.

Also had a look at http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...e-edition.html, must say it's pretty cool. Too bad I can only hear the induction if I boost it from 2500 - 3500ish .. any higher and the engine noise just over rides it. My car doesn't feel any different though. Will get around to buying a Short Ram Intake anyway

Hi and welcome to another WA MPS6 member. I highly recommend the cruises. Great fun and good way to meet the rest of the WA crew.