User Tag List

Thread: Cel help

Default Cel help

Hey guys & gals I need a bit of help today I started my baby And reversed it out of the drive way , forgot something in the house and pulled back up the drive way got t
    What I needed and came back started the car and reversed out of the driveway again, put the car in 1st went to take off and stalled ( strange for me ) restarted it and had no throttle unless I put the peddle flat to the floor and a CEL appeared ( yay) managed to get it back up the drive way ( only so it wasn't in the middle of the road) let it sit off for 10 min while I did the hopeless fool thing and checked thing and checked the fluids got back in started it and all was well drives like it should however I still have the CEL any ideas any one ?

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

weird... i would suggest getting that CEL read ASAP before doing much more...
    anyone around you with a dashhawk/bluetooth OBD2 reader?

yeah i would do what sam said ... sounds a bit strange.. any mods done to the car?

It's prolly nothing to worry about I had one once a similar thing happened it was only something to do with the exhaust was too cold like the cat or something...

As far as mods:
    Cai
    Tip
    Bov
    Thats about it? I guess I'll see how it goes on the way home from work tonight ?

Without been able to retrieve the CEL code it could be as good as anyone's guess.

Clear the CEL and it probably won't ever come back.

It could have been just too much load and not enough revs and being cold. Like in the good old days of carbies.

If it happens again, then start to be a little more concerned.

Maybe in went in Limp mode? Your dealership should be able to check logs of errors.

There are hard codes and soft codes.

Soft codes clear themselves, and aren't logged.

Hard codes are the only ones that are logged.

Ok so just drove home from work and she started and drive fine? I'm wondering of maybe it was a bad batch of fuel as I'm normally a v power freak but filled up at a not so busy mobil ?? Also how do I clear this CEL?

DashHawk, Scangauge, Mazda, Local (well equiped) mechanic or from a freindly member with DashHawk or Scangauge.

Raffa reset the ecu, disconnect neg - terminal from the battery and let it sit for a few mins before connecting it back. one you start the car don't touch the pedal or give it any revs, let it idle until its warmed up and up to operating temperature then take it for drive.

Oh also will have to re tune your radio stations and the drivers side window. just need to push the button fully down and hold for 10secs and then all the way up and hold for another 10secs. I've been doing this a lot lately while I wait for my O2 sensor spacer to arrive...

Hope that helps
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Started it today and all is well CEL is gone ......... Strange.....

if it pops back come around and we can read it with my DashHawk

Cheers Cain hopefully I won't need to