User Tag List

Thread: Gen 1 MPS3 OEM SAT NAV

Default Gen 1 MPS3 OEM SAT NAV

Hi guys i have a Gen 1 mps3 with the motorized sat nav they come with as an option in the states. I was wondering if anyone else on here might have the same thing and if so how do i update the maps ?

Its a great thing to have and really works well .. its just way out of date . Any ideas or help would be great thanks

Assuming you have the MPS I think you have, the GPS is an aftermarket option from a local company found here HiTV Communications Integrated in car entertainment solution, digital TV GPS DVD headrest , there is no support for these devices anymore, you can try installing new maps on the SD card in the main unit (in the glovebox), but I have no idea where you would source these from.

Thanks matt. I had a look on there and didnt see the same unit i have but is deffinately the same brand . I guess ill just keep looking .I have looked everywhere and its pretty much impossible to find the info i need

Cheers

Blog Entries

If it's the mazda gps unit, I'd expect mazda should be able to do that for you...I thought about using an OEM one, but had no expectation of AU mapping support.

I might be able to point you in the right direction, but need more info on the filenames of the maps and the directory names and structure on the SD card. Are you able to plug the SD card into your computer and see what the directories and files are named?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Had a quick look around, if it's the OEM Gen1 unit (Denso) it will use Navteq mapping.

Not sure what yours will have as there's a pretty good chance it's an aftermarket system fitted in the same style as the OEM unit.

Are there any options on the unit which give a hint what software it uses? E.g. Menu>About or similar?

Ok, did you buy a red MPS from a guy in Engadine?

If it is that one, you won't have much joy updating the maps, and hitv are not much help, there is a great site called totalnavi that has a lot of gps stuff, but getting it to work on these units will be a challenge.

Another idea could be to fit a 7" eBay gps unit into the flip up unit.

Hopefully posted from my iPhone on the VodaFAIL network.

Yeah its the mazda OEM unit as far as im aware. It uses NAVIMATE 4 software and says NAVTEQ when it opens up and turns on. Also says in the software screen that its NAVTEQ version 8.4 and has map version 3.1. Also says go to Horriznnav.com for software updates but i couldnt find anything on that site and even so ... its not the software i need its just the maps. I only brought this car 6 weeks ago and still trying to sort this out .
    The guy who i got the c ar from said he had it fitted for some redicules price of like 1700 !!!! but he never worked out how to update it either . Ill get the SD card out and see whats on it now and get back to yas asap.

Thanks heaps for the helping out

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Yeah Matt i brought Garths car
    I take it you know him and the car well ?

Yeah, I think I can confidently say i know that car better than you.

I live just around the corner from Garth, so a lot of the play time with his car was done in my driveway, I know the gps unit was expensive, but I'll have to chat to him about that fitting fee , I have the same setup in my car, but with an earlier version of gps module and different software, and I have given up trying to update the maps on mine, it is great for camera warnings etc (which I dont think is a feature on your unit), but if I need to use the nav I just use my iphone app.

You can also wire in a reverse camera and view movies from your ipod etc with these screens.

They arent an OEM unit by a long stretch, they are only a chinese knock off.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Awesome that you know the car. Im sure you do know allot more than me by the sounds of it . I can tell you know the car has gone to a good home and is well taken care of . So you reckon there is no real point in me even taking the SD out and havin a look ? i just dont want to put it back in and then it doesnt work at all lol how can i watch a video through the ipod ? is there a connector you can get that converts the ipod to an RCA lead ?

Seems like he really took care of that car well. Ive been over and under the whole car and cant seem to fault anything .

I might be able to figure out what updated Navteq mapping will work for you and point you in the right direction. Leave it with me for a few days, we've got a Byron trip this weekend so may not get you an answer before then

(I work in the survey and mapping industry, but not GPS navigation at the moment)

---------------

Just read Matt's reply, it sounds like a generic Chinese WinCE (V5?) based unit? If so I think have a software package with updated Aussie maps (Sensis V17 or V18) which will work on these, will have a dig.
    Last edited by TD; 14-07-2011 at 06:51 AM.

TD is da man

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

GREAT ! thanks heaps TD ill be looking forward to hearing back from ya . Enjoy your weekend in Byron .....lucky you !