User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID Lights.

Default HID Lights.

Looking at changing my parker lights and the low beam to 6000k.
    I am confused about one thing, do I need to buy a kit for the parker lights and low beam? Or can I just change the bulb / globe.

Mazda 6 MPS Luxury wise

I bought a pair of D2S 6000k HID bulbs then bought a pair of 501 matching sidelight bulbs separately.
    had to remove arch liner for access to bulbs as just too tight for my hands
    Last edited by kevstewart; 14-07-2011 at 08:16 AM.

In Australia we don't have side marker lights, Kev, just a reflector

I'm not sure about the low beam replacements but I don't think you can get HID parkers, as they are a low wattage wedge globe. Your best bet would be to get some LED's from 2XS (there is a thread titled "white light kits" on here) otherwise get Philips Crystal Vision T10 wedge parkers

You can buy just the LED to replace the parkers. Simple job to fit.

For the indicators, you can fit LEDs too, but, you will need to fit load resistors aswell, so it blinks at the correct speed.

As suggested above, if you already have the std HIDs, you can buy D2S bulbs in 6000k and you only need to replace the bulb. PITA job, it requires removal of either the headlight, or alot of stuff from behind them.

Something like this will work for your Parkers

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_...All-Categories

And this for your fogs. These are for 9006 bulb type. Not sure what it is for the MPS6.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

6000K (now have 8000K) and led parkers looks something to the effect of (see below)

Looks great rogwick! Was all you changed the bulbs? Or did you need a whole kit?

I've changed just about every globe in my car. No kit required. Just a straight bulb swap from the standard 4300K HID to 8000K (its a D2S bulb)
    The parklights are ultra bright LED's (wedge globe) my fogs are just a normal globe, however phillips ultra white and much brighter than standard, LED fogs are useless in terms of light
    If you look on that shot the interior lights are changed to blue as well as the doors, white LED in the front MAP lights.

whats the bulb code? eg H11 , H7 or whatever? or is it D2S ? :l this stuff confuses me sorry

The low beam bulb (HID) is a D2S

Like this:

2x Genuine PHILIPS Ultinon WX 6000k xenon HID globe D2S | eBay

Last edited by rogwick; 13-07-2011 at 03:10 PM.

oh jeebus thats pricey compared to the others lol

Phillips, just get some cheap ebay ones from China. They do the same thing. Just do a search for 6000K D2S and there should be heaps, and heaps...and heaps to choose from. They're everywhere on ebay!
    If I remember mine were around $30 or so for two, or something like that. I have phillips fog lights which are about $100

i dont use my fogs.. so just going to leave them. going to order parker leds from 2xs and find myself some d2s bulbs

Post some pics once you're done, perhaps take a few snaps now to give you an idea of what its like now.
    Might provide some insight to newby members wanted to tackle the same mod, if you have time to take pics that is or want to

I'll do it just before I install them Along with my LED tail lights when they come in at the end of the week

Rogwick, what LEDs did you use for the interior?

I got LED fogs dont do much in the way of light but the look awesome and match the 6000k mains perfectly.

Rogwick hows the vision with the 8000k over the 6000k?

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Rogwick, what LEDs did you use for the interior?
    The same as my parklights only less diodes as it won't fit in the interior light assembly fitting. I have these in the doors and rear compartment, and white LED's in the front for map reading

SMD T10 168 194 5 LED HID Blue Wedge Bulb Park Light

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I got LED fogs dont do much in the way of light but the look awesome and match the 6000k mains perfectly.

Rogwick hows the vision with the 8000k over the 6000k?
    You know what, I reckon it actually offers a touch more light. I've heard that 6000K is optimal, but these are brighter on appearance but also when in cabin viewing the road. I like the blue white tinge, the 6000K look white in comparison. Take a stab and get some cheap 8000K off ebay and change them over if you're curious...don't like them, just swap them out.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

does it look close to 2XS's LED parker lights?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    The same as my parklights only less diodes as it won't fit in the interior light assembly fitting. I have these in the doors and rear compartment, and white LED's in the front for map reading

SMD T10 168 194 5 LED HID Blue Wedge Bulb Park Light

You know what, I reckon it actually offers a touch more light. I've heard that 6000K is optimal, but these are brighter on appearance but also when in cabin viewing the road. I like the blue white tinge, the 6000K look white in comparison. Take a stab and get some cheap 8000K off ebay and change them over if you're curious...don't like them, just swap them out.

20. Default

Excuse my noobyness but I have the standard MPS so no xenons. If I want that blue light xenon look can I just buy these 6000HID Bulbs?? Or must I buy a kit of some sort?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast