User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which exhaust should i go with ??

Default Which exhaust should i go with ??

Ive been wanting to get a catback exhaust for my gen 1 mps 3. I dont want anything to loud, just a bit of the wrx type of brubble. Im not worried about the power/performance side of things just want a nicer sound. Ive been looking at the corksport and the CPE catback, i only have a 2XS sri installed. I havnt heard any of them in person on a mps, only youtube videos. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2XS should be able to get you sorted with the CBE

The CPE unit is fairly loud for some, it comes down to personal preference. It does however sound great, just a matter of if you can live with it from day to day.

You could always get a custom job as I have on my 6 MPS. That way you can taylor it to what your needs/desires are.

(Watch out for smoking turbo if you change the downpipe, it happens "to some" when they swap out the DP)

Just another point, why not catch up with some members on a cruise? Folks are usually pretty friendly, I'm sure someone can take you for a test burn in their MPS with exhaust to give you an idea on sound

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I have a CPE on my 6, along with a DP, and it is loud. It has that boxerish burble, but damn it's loud.

custom all the way baby!

Have heard a CS system on a 3, sounded exactly as you describe, once funds allow, or my exhaust needs replacing, that's what I will get.

Looking at the CS system dad had on his 6 compared to other members CPe, the quality is chalk and cheese. The Corksport is too pretty to be hidden under a car.

Pete's (Guitar69) does sound good. Only heard it from outside the car though. Not sure how loud or droney it is inside. Absolute BEAST compared to mine outside the car. I like it.

honestly though, the nicest sound (and i think the sound your after) is acheived using the STOCK catback and replacing the DP with a nice aftermarket 3" DP with hi flow cat. nice deep burble

Yea i do like the sound of the corksports one from whats on youtube, i wanna hear one in person tho Ive been tryin to get to one of the cruzins but i have to wait till i take holidays as i work weekends.

from what ive seen, all the exhausts on youtube are quiet on idle. is there not one thats loud on idle?

Go the cannon.. full ricer

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Go the cannon.. full ricer

They see me rollin'

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

.. thats big

I had a custom 2.75 CBE on my 6, with straight though mufflers. That set up sounded great and I got a lot of complements on sound both idle and at WOT.

I have just installed a DP and 3 inch mid section to the Y split with a 100Cell cat and it is now a lot louder! but huge power gains and the sound is now deep and aggressive!

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    They see me rollin'

IMO that mesh across end would be a little restrictive lol

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post

Yeah but it keeps albatrosses from nesting in there

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I had a custom 2.75 CBE on my 6, with straight though mufflers. That set up sounded great and I got a lot of complements on sound both idle and at WOT.

I have just installed a DP and 3 inch mid section to the Y split with a 100Cell cat and it is now a lot louder! but huge power gains and the sound is now deep and aggressive!

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

But the forklift adds rear wheel steer. :P Really handy on the twisties...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I have just installed a DP and 3 inch mid section to the Y split with a 100Cell cat and it is now a lot louder! but huge power gains and the sound is now deep and aggressive![COLOR="Silver"]
    does the 3 inch mid section pipe make a difference? is it alot of work to fit it on the 2.75 inch cbe you have..
    dont think i would bother changing the mid section pipe if i got a custom cat back exhaust.. as its already included in there right? lol

Imho probably the best sounding exhaust out there is the Borla one, but not sure if they ever got around to making one for the Gen 1 mps.

If you aren't going to change the DP, Just remove the centre muffler and add a straight through item.
    It will save you plenty of money.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    If you aren't going to change the DP, Just remove the centre muffler and add a straight through item.
    It will save you plenty of money.
    ^^Great advice....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast