User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasti dip your wheels and badges

Default Plasti dip your wheels and badges

O.K.
    Thinking serious about paint or powdercoat my original wheels black. Was looking through you tube and found the following.
    What to you think. Anyone used this. Even do your badges while still on the car.
    More for that temporary modification i suppose. Works out cheaper too.
    About $5 apparently from U.S. (Not sure how to get it here as is aerosole)
    Or Around $40 from Aus distributor. (another greedy importer, with the exchange rate now should be a lot cheaper than that)

i hope those links work i am a newbie at this. If not youtube plasti dip. Whole heap of stuff comes up. Even some other videos 6 months + later and still looks good. Even some videos on removal and it looks simple and easy enough. Is even a subaru with full bonnet painted in it and they are just peeling it straight off. Thoughts , Experiences??????
    Last edited by rogwick; 11-07-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: edited video (embed)

I'd be interested in something like this, would like to plastidip my volks Fluoro green for shits and giggles ^_^

Mate another option is this YouTube - ‪DIY: Wrapping Rims in Matte Black Vinyl‬‏

hmmm...i like this idea...so if you get sick of the black look..you just peel it off !

id give it a go too. like the reversability of it, if required. would do mums festiva hubcaps Orange while at it.

Given the US price the Australian price is a rip off - eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Have to figure out a safe way to get Aerosols over from the US.

Looks interesting. Agree though the Aus price is a bit of a rip by comparison

I did some searching on it and the general consensus seems to be around four coats per wheel and apparently it can be a bit of a bitch to apply evenly. Could be worth the experiment though for someone willing to try it

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

It is not worth it unless you can find it cheaper in Australia.

yeah wtf $50 for a can vs $6 in the U.S. what a joke

i was looking at this back in 2009 where there were some sydney shops were selling it for $30 pickup.

Was too slow and everyone sold out.

Hi guys. I can ship plasti by container. Will be selling it for about the $25-$30 mark once landed. Have a huge box full of plasti spray cans coming within the next 2 months if interested. Post your interest so I can pin point approx how many cans per website I will be dishing out, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    Hi guys. I can ship plasti by container. Will be selling it for about the $25-$30 mark once landed. Have a huge box full of plasti spray cans coming within the next 2 months if interested. Post your interest so I can pin point approx how many cans per website I will be dishing out, thanks.
    What colours will you be getting?

Surely 2 cans would be enough for an average wheel.

You guys must get smashed by import tax. $25 a can is still pretty exe compared to Amazon selling it for $7.99.

What's the freight cost to Aus these days when buying something this small from Amazon?

(not being cheeky, I actually don't know, and I'm not near a PC at the moment)

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I'd like Fluoro green or anything that's bright hahah

one can alone will cost around $30 to ship. And goodluck trying to find someone to ship it for you. only getting black colour in, what other colours would u want? If you buy it from Amazon you still pay more to get it in anyhow so $25-$30 is actually cheap. besides I wouldn't be going through the effort of the organisation and paying $300 per square metre crate shipping costs, not to mention 5% duty and GST on both cost of goods and the 5% duty!! Prob walk away with only $9 profit per can. You either want it or you dont i say..

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Fluoro green?? for rims?? seen it done in japan a fair bit with their drifters actually.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Matto that cpe cat back may still be available only thing is i dont see how im going to box it to send to W.A

Hey, I'm all for saving money and you're providing a great opportunity to do so. It just seems Aus companies take bit hits on import tax and Gst etc. It's probably why MPS Garage US parts are soooooo much more expensive here.

I just need to work out quantities.

17. Default

i just bought one can to do my badges... maybe i'll do it this weekend bought it at prime electronics in homebush parramatta rd NSW $32 a can
    The owner said he used it on the wooden stick on his mop from left over plasti dip when doing his tool handles,
    the mop has lasted 2 years with just a little bit of fade from being outside in the sun.

Okay. So how many cans are needed to do a set of wheels?

3 - 4 apparently.

I would be interested, but it's not worth it at $90 - $120 dollars imo.

It is worth it since powder coating would cost you that alone for one rim!! And its not reversible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast