User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smoking K04

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Would a Hyperflow TMIC suffice for a Stage 2 BNR kit?
    As of tomorrow I'll be running as Hyperflow TMIC with a BNR stage 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    As of tomorrow I'll be running as Hyperflow TMIC with a BNR stage 3.
    How much was the TMIC? I'm looking for an aftermarket intercooler without a tune. (tune in future)

Btw, when replacing the K04 turbo, with another K04 turbo. Do we need to update / re-tune out ecu's?

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    How much was the TMIC? I'm looking for an aftermarket intercooler without a tune. (tune in future)

Btw, when replacing the K04 turbo, with another K04 turbo. Do we need to update / re-tune out ecu's?
    Hyperflow tmic are $1000 for a large slab of metal
    And stock for stock you don't need a retune
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

With a StreetUnit $600 TMIC, is there any difference in terms of power? I've always thought all aftermarket intercoolers would do the same thing, or will the size differences etc. give you more bolt on power?

Ok here is something strange and totally unheard of, but last night i changed oil cap mates got me a mazdaspeed one for my birthday looks nice.
    Pre putting the cap on car was at idle waiting for a spot at the car wash and no smoke after the car wash and the cap was put on I was idling away waiting to dry the car and it started smoking only faintly though but it smelt of burning.... It did it for a while but once I drove off and stop again it was fine... So no idea what it is or was but had me worried lol. Thought the car is that sensitive that new oil cap would cause seals to fail lol.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Excessive crankcase pressure could cause it to. Maybe the mazdaspeed one doesn't have a way of breathing or something. I've often though about more recirculation to relieve some pressure.

lol @ relieving pressure...

I'll see haha, after i relieve pressure might need a smoke myself (too far?) lol.

Wouldn't it be funny since all the yanks tend to do this mods (oil cap) that is the reason why so many are smoking over there lol

Very true. Sick of mine smoking so bad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234