User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking K04

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I just paid extra for no exchange. Bryan charged USD$130 for the core which I thought was reasonable and saves me the hassle of having to ship the old one out.
    That's very reasonable, I am thinking of getting a stage 1 so I don't need a tune, also to keep things close to stock. I have some shaft play and might have a bit of smoke under load (not at idle though).

Sounds like a good plan andy........might even be able to flog the old one off for a few dollars if someone wants it.

just FYI - i queried Bryan on what supporting mods would be necessary for a Stage 2.

he said my current mods (intake,tip,tbe) would be fine - he just said get a good tune and it will not require a better fuel pumps/internals etc.

i'm just waiting on my cp-e tmic and then ill get everything installed at tunehouse. cant f'ing wait.

So what extra do you pay if you don't wanna exhange the core?

Quote Originally Posted by raymondato View Post
    just FYI - i queried Bryan on what supporting mods would be necessary for a Stage 2.

he said my current mods (intake,tip,tbe) would be fine - he just said get a good tune and it will not require a better fuel pumps/internals etc.

i'm just waiting on my cp-e tmic and then ill get everything installed at tunehouse. cant f'ing wait.
    I ran the stage 3 on the stock tune for 3 months with the following mods without any major issues. CAI, PG TIP, ETS TMIC, CP-E DP, 3" exhaust. Ran it at about 17psi and the only issue was sometimes i would hit fuel cut at about 6000rpm.

Man you got some game running to rev limiter on stock tune, I'm too scared to run mine over 4500rpm until it's tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    I ran the stage 3 on the stock tune for 3 months with the following mods without any major issues. CAI, PG TIP, ETS TMIC, CP-E DP, 3" exhaust. Ran it at about 17psi and the only issue was sometimes i would hit fuel cut at about 6000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I've always thought about BNR turbo but my concern was that anything over a stage 1, would result in too much stress for engine (conrods). Example if i run 19psi through out rev range, wouldn't you eventually need upgrade internal and fuel pump for it be reliable.
    Unless you are running 350 front wheel hp, the stock fuel pump is fine. Some people are a little scared of the pump failing. No need to be.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Are there any site sponsors that sell bnr upgrade kits? If not where is the best place to buy from (I'm in Brizi)?
    Cheers

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bnr+turbo

Unfortunately no site sponsors (that I know of)

As far as I know your can only buy them direct from BNR in the US. Just google bnr supercars and their website should come up

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Unless you are running 350 front wheel hp, the stock fuel pump is fine. Some people are a little scared of the pump failing. No need to be.
    Yeah my target is no more then 210 unless i do meth injection stage 1 would be sweet next time we meet Jon i'll chat to you about the BNR kits and get some knowledge .
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yeah my target is no more then 210 unless i do meth injection stage 1 would be sweet next time we meet Jon i'll chat to you about the BNR kits and get some knowledge .
    Cool, Jim.
    BTW, I see water/meth kits for road cars a bit of overkill. Race, sure. Not really road cars.
    I'd also suggest 210kws MAX on a stock bottom end. I'll be over the moon with a new BnR stage 3, tweak tune, and 200kws on 15-16psi...
    Anymore, and I'll start doing a bottom end. Anymore and FWD will be a handfull...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I run WMI more so for safety & cleaning purposes, I wouldn't tune for it unless I was going to pay a lot of money for a kit, flow meters, redundancy switches etc

Yeah i wanted it for safety only wouldn't do it for more power... saying that though i know of a GTi that had 185awkw then with meth kit got 220awkw.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I run WMI more so for safety & cleaning purposes, I wouldn't tune for it unless I was going to pay a lot of money for a kit, flow meters, redundancy switches etc
    +1 also it will be nice to keeps the BAT's down in summer

Here is a quick video I grabbed recently of my 4 gph nozzle at peak flow.

http://youtu.be/voE0CiapDak

Nice vid What made you choose the 4gph nozzle? My kit came with a 3 & 7 so wasn't sure which one to go with. I'll probably start with the D03 on 100% water and see how it runs

Mine came with a 3 & 4, seeing as I am running the progressive controller I went with the 4 so that I can set max flow at peak boost, I would hate to install the 3gph and then decide its not enough, just to pull half the car apart again.

I wouldn't run water only, I am running a 60w:40m mix on mine. Make sure you use demineralised water to avoid any impurities that may block the nozzle.

Thanks for the info. I plan to install my nozzle on the side of the stock cold pipe just after the BOV so it shouldn't be too hard to swap out to a bigger size if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Its not always the turbo that is the cause, and mine was also replaced no questions asked
    You dont have any idea when it could start, keeping the car standard wont avoid any issues... so you dont really have the luxury of saying "ill get rid of it before anything goes wrong".
    Some start smoking with as little as 30,000Kms on the clock.
    Why would Mazda keep putting these engines in their cars if they're so crap? Is it possible that we are driving them even harder than Mazda anticipated?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast