User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fell in love with new rims yesterday

Default Fell in love with new rims yesterday

Ok saw i went to Tyre Power in Hawthorn today with my mate so he could get some Nitto's on his HSV VXR.

And i instantly fell in love with some rims... Advan RS-D in Matt Black

or the Volk Racing CE28's in a Gloss Black

I reckon these rims with a good offset and in a 19" would make my car a 10/10 for me... Issue is though atm i rate it a 9/10 and thing missing was spacers to puff it up a bit.

If the cost wasn't so astronomical i would purchase in a heart beat but the rims alone are 1 grand a corner...

What are your thoughts on the rims and also i'd like to see what rims people would love to see on there cars.

James

PS. I would like to start a donation fund called, "Rims for Jim". PM me if you'd like to donate to my bank account
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Advan's look hot...

I've always loved Advan's. there's so much more I could do with that money though =(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the Work 11R's mate they look like the Volks in fact I think they copied them, not as light as the Volks but still made in japan.

Really liking the Advans. $4k for a set of wheels though = a lot of other mods I could do instead.

As Matto suggested; the Work 11R are sweet too;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310248829.527203.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	9009

Is Sam still trying to sell those limited edition Volk's?? Advans are my choice, the multistuds are a turn off. But at $3500 a set for either, they are both out of my budget.

Been looking at the Team Dynamics Racing rims recently after the cafe meet the other night. More reasonably priced.

Yeah I know for the money i only really need 2.5 grand to finish my car power and handling wise.

I really like the 30mm of dish though . I'll look at the Work11R's though

+47 offset at 18x8 for the semi concave... you have my attention.

The Team Dynamics are $420 a rim + $25 per rim shipping.

So say $2K for a set would be more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    +47 offset at 18x8 for the semi concave... you have my attention.

The Team Dynamics are $420 a rim + $25 per rim shipping.

So say $2K for a set would be more reasonable.
    Team Dynamics AT $420 PER RIM??? WHERE THE HELL IS THAT FROM??? Mine cost me $220 per rim. I got 18x8 +46 ProRace1.2 and 235/40 Toyo's for $1800 FITTED with wheel alignment done!!!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

10. Default

Race Industries in QLD.

Where did you get yours from?

I'd only change rims if i were to go a 19" rim, Grajy got his from Tyre Power? i believe in Mitcham.

It was Highway Tyres here in Mitcham, Vic. Not tyre power Jim. Lol.
    Granted, they looked after me for trade price, and that my workshop dealt with them everyday.

ce28's are my fave. but since there so expensive i got the look-a-likes. Rota DPT's. 250 a corner

Ok this is purely my opinion , going to 19"is a bad idea ,expensive & with no performance benifit , tyres will have to be ultra low profile to keep the speedo & gear & diff ratio correct & they are much pricier than 18" to add to the pain ride will be terrible & they will tram line badly & encourage more torque steer , 19 " rims will in most cases be more expensive as well , a lot to compramise for 1"don't you think ?? If you are tracking the car the Advans, if not go the cheaper road .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

FYI you can pick up Advans for $2.5k from Japan via ebay and alike.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Ok this is purely my opinion , going to 19"is a bad idea ,expensive & with no performance benifit , tyres will have to be ultra low profile to keep the speedo & gear & diff ratio correct & they are much pricier than 18" to add to the pain ride will be terrible & they will tram line badly & encourage more torque steer , 19 " rims will in most cases be more expensive as well , a lot to compramise for 1"don't you think ?? If you are tracking the car the Advans, if not go the cheaper road .

Col
    Yeah i think your right Col, the 19" would be for pure show but the daily effect would be enough to ruin it, the standard rims with coilovers are perfect for me as a daily and thats on the softer settings... and between 3-4.5k for show rims are so unnecessary for me would rather finish the performance mods instead more enjoyment day to day, and probably in general
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yeah i think your right Col, the 19" would be for pure show but the daily effect would be enough to ruin it, the standard rims with coilovers are perfect for me as a daily and thats on the softer settings... and between 3-4.5k for show rims are so unnecessary for me would rather finish the performance mods instead more enjoyment day to day, and probably in general
    Wise decision mate , a suggestion to give your car that phaattt look is 245 X 35 X 18 tyres on the rear

Name:	9c.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	9011

Name:	100_0768..jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	9012
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

18. Default

No go on Highway Tyres in Mitcham. All good - this can go on the back burner, I have some other pieces I want to finish off on the car before this.

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Wise decision mate , a suggestion to give your car that phaattt look is 245 X 35 X 18 tyres on the rear

Name:	9c.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	9011

Name:	100_0768..jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	9012
    To bring this thread to life again, turn's out im in the market for rims how does the 245/35/18 go fitment wise on the rear and is it possible to rotate them to the front?

How wide rim wise can we go on the MPS3? 8.5" or is that too large
    MPSX-treme

You could always just get the below for 1 grand 18 x 8.5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast