User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacing Standard Mazda 3 Headunit with Aftermarket

Thats a sweet headunit. Thanks for showing it

Hi all, I found this and looks like a good unit, may I ask for those who has pulled their headunit out, would this fit in there?
    Mazda 3 gps - Mazda3 dvd - Mazda 3 navigation -indash mazda3 autoradio - HD screen ipod rds bluetooth handsfree

I know it's designed for 04-09 Mazda 3, just want to make sure that the dimensions in one of the photos are good for Gen 1 MPS

Oh, what do you think about this unit? looks pretty good and you can get the camera from this vendor too.
    136 Chip Camera for Mazda - Car Reverse Rearview Camera - NTSC Camera System

Thanks!

Looks awsome ! the controls are nice and quick

Felt really naughty, but my GF was watching dvd's on it today. Also forgot that the video's in the Ipod work as well.. nice little surprise today when i was pressing random buttons.

K4Nex,
    I think that should fit fine in a Gen I MPS, but remember if you have Bose, you will need different cables and those OEM type ones need to be completely different (bose/non-bose).

Just went out and got an 8gb sdhc card to put some more music on.. it's so much easier than having to burn a cd or put on the ipod.. just seeing how to get album art as well!.
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Felt really naughty, but my GF was watching dvd's on it today. Also forgot that the video's in the Ipod work as well.. nice little surprise today when i was pressing random buttons.

K4Nex,
    I think that should fit fine in a Gen I MPS, but remember if you have Bose, you will need different cables and those OEM type ones need to be completely different (bose/non-bose).

Just went out and got an 8gb sdhc card to put some more music on.. it's so much easier than having to burn a cd or put on the ipod.. just seeing how to get album art as well!.
    Cheers, good thing that I dont have Bose after owning a SP23 with one......

6. Default Sound

Are you able to get sound from the factory Sat Nav? If so how? Also any one know how to get the phone buttons to work on an aftermarket unit.

I'm not sure if you can, i think you might be able with different headunits, but not this one. The Fac SatNav/Bluetooth is connectd to a different device, above your glove box. the cables for your audio of them to to there. it's only you vol up/down next/back and mode buttons that connect to the headunit.

I'm not sure if you can, i think you might be able with different headunits, but not this one. The Fac SatNav/Bluetooth is connectd to a different device, above your glove box. the cables for your audio of them to to there. it's only you vol up/down next/back and mode buttons that connect to the headunit.

Looks very neat and clean... very impressed

Does the Factory Bluetooth still work and connect to your phone... Or does you new Pioneer headunit have bluetooth?

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

The Pioneer unit has it's own bluetooth and alittle mic that's been placed above the rear view mirror. Factory bluetooth doesn't work and the steering wheel buttons (for bluetooth) are still attached to the fac unit.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh, i did a test before. managed to use a 1tb fat32 hdd on the unit and it worked.. now if only i had 1tb of music >.<.

The Pioneer unit has it's own bluetooth and alittle mic that's been placed above the rear view mirror. Factory bluetooth doesn't work and the steering wheel buttons (for bluetooth) are still attached to the fac unit.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh, i did a test before. managed to use a 1tb fat32 hdd on the unit and it worked.. now if only i had 1tb of music >.<.
    I am looking at purchasing the same Pioneer for my GenII. Can I ask:

How responsive is it when scrolling thru music (any major delays)

How quick is it in receiving a GPS signal

Anything to watch out for?

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

hey bud, i love your intsall, I got a Gen 1 with a double din, and all the required modules to make it standard looking like your

But now im getting a Gen II so have to do it all over again

Questions

1) do you have the parts list, required
    2) the factory GPS you say does still work? as my pioneer unit is not a GPS one and dont want to stuff that up
    3) you say the factory bluetooth does not work at all?
    4) you can confirm that the steering wheel controls are still ok
    5) i plan to run as i do now, a mono and smal sub off the sub outs of my dvd unit, is there a modiule to allow the pioneer to run the BOSE amp for the factory speakers? or did you HAVE to replace it with a speaker amp?
    Last edited by buzurk; 13-09-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Awe man sorry for the slack replies.. I read this at work and always get distracted from the WeatherGirls on youtube... Ok lets answer some:

Slixx

It's pretty quick with the changes from ipod/tuner/sdcard etc, and scrolling through the songs is as quick as the device can display (it's pretty quick). Biggest pain has to be it's a touchscreen, and thus driving sometimes you might press the wrong button or go release the finger and it thinks you selecting a song. The GPS is quick... well i don't really have anything to compare it against (the stock one is pretty useless) but it does like 2 "show you the route" screens and then it starts. The speaking is much better than default (Instead of "take the 2nd exit" , she says "at the roundabout, go through" )

Best thing to do is play with different models.. try wow, jbhifi, northfield and bring in some devices to connect to. I was originally looking at this nice alpine unit but found out after playing that it doesn't stream audio via bluetooth? that model needs and extra adapater for that? even the guy showing me didn't know about it.

There is a video above (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...tml#post182744) it should display how responsive this device is.

Buzurk

1) Yes, the hardest part was the correct Cambus, universal units do not work. found that out when went to install it >.<. I have the model number somewhere... I'll dig it up.
    2) The factory GPS unit will still work as the unit itself is separate and connected to a device above the glove box (i think that's right) it also has the stock Bluetooth unit there as well. The major issue is there is no sounds... NO SOUND :P.. so you can't hear if you have missed the turn. I'll give the device a test again but i'm sure it was working (i can see the gps unit showing where i am and updated all the time as per a stock headunit)
    3) Correct, the stock Bluetooth is still detected from a device if it's previously connected but since the unit isn't connected to the headunit there is no sound or display above the temp display.
    4) If you have the correct Cambus, then yes the steering wheel controls work. but the gps and Bluetooth buttons are not connected to the headunit so they do not work on the pioneer. The GPS still works on the gps but the Bluetooth requires the stock headunit to activate... thus no sound no buttons. Volume up/Down and Track Up/Down work fine.
    5)This was the confusing part. When I got my unit installed I was going to replace the bose amp with an alpine amp and another one for the sub, but was told that my unit will not function if i remove the bose amp? it's required to start the stereo unit.. Will have to check this out. So i have all three in my car, but i don't think my bose amp is powering any speakers. There is a guy on the forums that has a Clarion HERE that looks like he's just using the headunit (looks fkn awesome btw). I think that's what you want?

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers!
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Thanks mate. Appreciate your time. I ended up buying the Pioneer AVIC-F30BT.

Hope to get it installed soon

Peter "SLIXX"

14. Question I need firmware backup from Australian version of Pioneer's AVIC F20BT or F30BT

I am looking for firmware backup from HU you discuss here - Pioneer AVIC F20BT/F30BT/F930BT.
    If someone willing to help me- I will explain how to make backup- you will need empty SD card and about an hour free time.

I'm working toward swapping maps on our HU. Most likely we will have a way to share fresh maps from recently updated units, also it will be possible to use non-Australian units in Australia.
    I already managed to run Australian map from F310BT on US X930bt- but search is not working and I believe I can fix it with files from Australian F20/F30/F930 units.
    My final goal to run IGO8.3+ instead pioneer's official navigation, but it's really complicated task.

Haven't got mine installed yet
    still in the box
    Will let you know

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by ralpharn View Post
    I am looking for firmware backup from HU you discuss here - Pioneer AVIC F20BT/F30BT/F930BT.
    If someone willing to help me- I will explain how to make backup- you will need empty SD card and about an hour free time.

I'm working toward swapping maps on our HU. Most likely we will have a way to share fresh maps from recently updated units, also it will be possible to use non-Australian units in Australia.
    I already managed to run Australian map from F310BT on US X930bt- but search is not working and I believe I can fix it with files from Australian F20/F30/F930 units.
    My final goal to run IGO8.3+ instead pioneer's official navigation, but it's really complicated task.
    I've got my F20BT in my car it's only running firmware 2.0.. Have you looked at avic411.com?

17. Default Firmvare backup

I've got my F20BT in my car it's only running firmware 2.0.. Have you looked at avic411.com?
    your software version is not a problem. I need language specific files and map, looks like nobody shared Australian F20/F30BT's User and NDATA folders yet. If you going to make backups- process of writing NDATA folder on SD can take up to 2 hours (may be it can be done faster if SD card will be High Speed one).

I have been looking at avic411.com but without success.
    Last edited by ralpharn; 21-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.

18. Default

just a quick question,

How much does an install like that cost to do? labour wise...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123