User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Standard Mazda 3 Headunit with Aftermarket

What did you do with the bose sub in the boot ? Remove it completely or add it to the setup ?

Cant wait to see the completed setup. The pics look great !

Oh, can you take a direct front on pic of the whole dash ?
    Last edited by naasif; 24-07-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Simon, looks like they haven't finished yet...

Seriously, looking forward to more updates.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Hmmm, looks good...(the shakes begin...not jealous...I really don't want it....)
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Ok i'll get a torch and take a clean/full pic!.

the sub in the boot is still there, just not connected.. i've been lazy to remove it!...

What about the rest of the setup ? Did you get an Amp or replace the existing speakers ?

Both screens working...

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Suppose i should right about it...

Well the installation took around 4 hours all up (headunit, 2 amps + sub.) Keeped the original wiring for the speakers but attached them to the alpine amp. The Bose Amp under the seat had to remove otherwise I couldn't use the other headunit... well that was what i was told as some part of the car is still connected to the bose unit. The cambus with the CTPioneerlead was easily installed and the new gps unit was pluged under where the middle speaker is. The microphone was connected neat to the rearview mirror (have been told this mic is alot clearer as well). The button on the steering wheel work Except the bluetooth buttons (the bluetooth/gps unit is still in the car, it's above the dash somewhere. RECOMMEND TO DE-SYNC YOUR BLUETOOTH DEVICES BEFORE REMOVING HEADUNIT). At the moment i friggin love it! (specially the easy of how to use it ). Traffic alerts work, but only in some areas.. (you download like a full traffic alert for heaps of areas in one hit, but it won't update if it can't find a signal to get updates from).

I guess that's about it , (well there is more features but i'm lazy). DVD/Ipod/SDCARD all work fine! bluetooth as well... Only one issue at the moment, and that's no asian languages support (font shows ???? for the characters). there are some hacks for this but i'll just see what people have discovered.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Speakers are the same.. Bose
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

That looks great ! Fits in the dash really nicely.

Do you have a bigger pic you can upload ?

Correct, the bottom half still displays fine.. just the top half (music/bluetooth) is missing.. no big deal.

Dude, you gonna love it when your head unit get's installed. I had the option to install the review camera, but i got lazy.. the plug is on the back of the unit (it's got a bunch of rca inputs)..maybe later.

is that better? the car wasn't on just in ACC mode so the Aircon unit wasn't turned on. it does work though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110724_192025.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	9227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110724_192204.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	9228

I tested out a Dragon Age Splash Screen.....
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    is that better? the car wasn't on just in ACC mode so the Aircon unit wasn't turned on. it does work though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110724_192025.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	9227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110724_192204.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	9228

I tested out a Dragon Age Splash Screen.....
    That DOES looks good
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Very Cool Simon...Need more updates...Subbed thread.

Tomorrow, i'll take some videos and photos of all the units. ok?

Looking good.... been thinking of doing the same to my Gen1 with a pioneer unit. Envious but happy for ya that its going in nicely.

How does your unit get the traffic data updates?

Um, it connects to the radio stations and something else (scna or something like that) and updates itself while i drive. i can then select it using the Nav menu.

On my Garmin Nuvi 1490T it has traffic updates. It uses an FM receiver. SUNA (www.sunatraffic.com.au) is who distributes it over the air. It seems to work well, but can be a little slow.

Not sure if it would be the same system, but you would be receiving them by FM.

Suna.. yeah that's one of them.. i had a look before and it was Suna & 97.3fm? lol

Lifetime subscription too. It works quite well when you have loaded in a route. It will show you where the traffic build up in yellow and red. You can then hit the AVOID button and I suppose it should get you to go another way.

If you don't have a route loaded, the traffic warning will come up when you turn onto the route/highway in question. With could be 20km's down the road. But at least it forewarns you.

Good to have...and free!!

Note: I actually thought I lost the post above...sorry for repeating...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Hmm here's a video.. finally >.< every time i took one it was at night

note.. for some reason it keep saying my video belongs to someone else?? wtf?

Your friends have pretty sweet phone numbers 12345678 :P

Looks very tidy simon. But I see that the steering wheel controls only manage the OEM Nav screen? it doesn't interface to the Pioneer?

Also, the media, is it loaded onto memory in the Pioneer, or can you have ext AV? or is that reading an IPod?

Simon, it looks the goods.. i want that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Your friends have pretty sweet phone numbers 12345678 :P

Looks very tidy simon. But I see that the steering wheel controls only manage the OEM Nav screen? it doesn't interface to the Pioneer?

Also, the media, is it loaded onto memory in the Pioneer, or can you have ext AV? or is that reading an IPod?
    I was jsut showing how much faster it is than the stock bluetooth, and less mistakes if you have and accent like me >.<.

Yeah that Nav controls on the steering wheel controls the inbuilt SatUnit, but the Audio controls on the steering wheel controls the headunit.

No that was running from the Ipod, there is an SD card slot that can play movies and audio, plus the dvd drive does the same. Not sure on the limit with the sdcard... need tof find someone that has a 64gb one... THere are still extra plugs in the back of the unit that allows more conenctions (eg Rev Cam & external dvd player). Oh the ipod cable also can accept USB connections, i should try a 1tb usb 2.0 hard drive... hmm that would be little crazy.

Kelv..... shh!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast