User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Standard Mazda 3 Headunit with Aftermarket

Default Replacing Standard Mazda 3 Headunit with Aftermarket

Well I cracked and have had enough of the stock standard headunit. I hate the controls so fkn much (specially using the Ipod) so i've gone all out and have replaced the headunit with a Pioneer avic-F20Bt. I'll get some photos up and how it goes afterwards.. yeah i know i loose some of the buttons on the screen but don't really care? i mean the satnav is pretty shitty, and i don't really use it and the bluetooth is a pain in the ass with my phones, special if you have two synced.

Should have this all done by next week!

Here is my new Unit...hopefully!
    Last edited by Brackaus; 09-07-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Added Pics
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Great post

lol, have fun installing. same headunit I got

I'm so not installing this myself, I'm too lazy and crap at doing these.. almost ruined my honda putting in a Sony Headunit. The demo of this unit was pretty good, well compared to the others. And it looks simple to use.. oh dear god how i wanted something like this for a while.

Now you add the pics

what? i'm not suppost to?

i changed my headunit ... was the best thing to do.. cheack on my mazspace.

i recently put in a similar sony unit. I already had the surround. hardest part was getting all the pieces of the old one out.

It took a while to explain to the people that the GenII is different to the GEN I.. but they had the parts for it so I was happy.

Looks great mate. Looking forward to seeing/hearing about the install

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Well, i couldn't really wait till Sat, so I'm getting it done tomorrow morning, Oh.. it's exciting.. i know it's just a stereo but still.. oohhhh

Sounds good Simon. need pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Sounds good Simon. need pictures!!!
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Simon's new toy is getting installed today he must be anxious !!

-1.. they forgot to order a part... installation on hold >.<... fkn hell, went down there and the guy was like.. oh bose mazda 3?... oh dam..... Someone forgot to order the cambus so i couldn't connect the unit up.. was pretty upset but they will have to re-schedule it.

Hey Brackaus, do you have a custom face plate to fit around your head unit for the Gen 2? (reason being the space where the stock Gen 2 stereo goes appears different to a standard 2 DIN space, unless I'm mistaken )

Yeah there is an face plate for the Gen 2, forgot the model number.. i have it somewhere.. (i have all the fkn parts in the garage). yeah it looks super flush so that department is awesome.

The pioneer has the swipe thing as well, but i haven't had a look at the clarion.. what model did you get?

The whole thing was held up because of the cambus.. make sure that they have a correct one....005 model is bose? can't remember but i know it's the correct one ordered. I think that nav will still work but won't talk? the map is in the sdcard, and the bluetooth/gps unit is above the glovebox i've been told. really keen to see what happens! and yea'll give me a list to test out!
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Looks pretty good unit.. but omg that guy who does the youtube videos about it.. he's soo BORING. you have to check him out!

Dose the company know your car has bose? cause some installers won't touch your system if it has bose. what amp you going to get?

Well, Parts in!. and Wozer! totally awesome!

I've managed to keep my default satnav as well! so that was an extra bonus!. System is awesome and with the Cambus it was pretty much a plug & play... well i think it was!. I have a video of the unit in action but it's night and hard to see so i'll make one when it's lighter.. here are some installation pics!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_112053.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	9217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_112058.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	9218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_101542.jpg 
Views:	994 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	9219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_101533.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	9220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_112037.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	9221

Ohh here's some more!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_112047.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	9222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_123705.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	9223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_114618.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	9224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_112053.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	9225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110722_123654.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	9226

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast