User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New addition to the club

Default New addition to the club

Hi guys and gals, my name is Alan and I have come to confess my love for everything MPS. Well not really but I'd like to become more active in the community, as I've been stalking the forums for quite some time but never really contributed.

Anyway I'm a recent uni graduate who has been admiring MPS' statewide since I first saw one, finally I have put some money together to get my own gen. 2 MPS3 so keep your eyes open in the next couple of months as I should be very active. I feel privileged to be part of such a respected community. </end kissing ass>

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning new things and meeting fellow members. Just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself, keep up the excellent work.

Welcome Alan.

Keep us posted when you get your Gen 2. Pics pics pics!

Welcome *Kiss ass Alan* sounds like your going to have some fun here we will be waiting

Congrats and Welcome

Welcome

Welcome Alan, you'll have to take the MPS out on a cruise and meet some folks sometime! ...When you get one!

Thanks guys, all that is left now is to decide on a colour. I'm leaning towards Velocity Red but the Aluminium is very tempting too

Both great colours. Welcome

2 great colours, both hard to chose from
    enjoy the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Toxi View Post
    Thanks guys, all that is left now is to decide on a colour. I'm leaning towards Velocity Red but the Aluminium is very tempting too
    Welcome ! Lot's of very helpful people here.

If it was a choice between Velocity Red or Aluminium...I'd go Black
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

It has been decided, Velocity Red here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome look forward to seeing you round town
    there's no bad colour in an MPS ,but if you want a really good colour I'd go black also

So the time has come to check out some used Gen 2's. Anything I should be looking at in particular?
    I'm leaning towards ex-demo's, with their low kms i doubt too much can be wrong with the workings of the car, though theres always a chance that test driver's have completely screwed the clutch.
    Aside from ususal paint/wheel damage anything You guys could recommend checking out on an ex-demo?

Cheers in advance.

I bought mine as a demo (always buy my cars that way). Highly recommend

Outside of appearance, there's probably not a lot I could offer if you're buying a car with only a few thousand on the clock.

Don't buy the dealer paint protection. It's not worth the money they charge

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Or better yet hold off for about 6 months and get a demo white one

Littlered, I would kill for a white one but 6 months will be torture for me haha.

Caf, thanks for insight, good to hear ex demos are treating you well. I think I'll follow suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No probs.

One other thing I'll mention is that if you find a demo model you like, twist the salesman's arm (if necessary) and get the keys off him at least for an overnight test drive (a full weekend is better).

That way you can go over every square inch of it, looking for squeaks, rattles and general signs of wear etc. It also gives you the chance to test the car in a number of different scenarios, traffic, freeway, hills etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Toxi View Post
    Hi guys and gals, my name is Alan.

Lol, another version where he says "wait, thats not alan.... Steve .. STEVE STEVE!"

Missed this thread, now I feel a bit dumb for not knowing your name last night

Welcome to the forum

PS. Awesome colour choice btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast