User Tag List

Thread: Turbos: GT3071R vs K04

Default Turbos: GT3071R vs K04

Hey guys,

just wanted to share some experiences here and ill update this thread regularly as it progresses.

anyway, the guys down at western mufflers have been hacking away at my engine bay for the last 3 days trying to get this beast of a turbo in. I thought i'd go down there to check out the work and the reaction i got from one of the installers was "Mate you've cracked it! that turbo is ridiculously! you are not normal." i didn't know exactly to respond until i saw them sitting side by side:

i giggled a little after that lol

cant wait to pick it up on monday

So what ones the K04?

Looks a touch bigger then the K04

What are you doing for tuning / boost control? Did you have the 3" MAF housing on your last setup or is this a new addition?

Lol, imagine the crazy people who overall gt35's

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Looks a touch bigger then the K04

What are you doing for tuning / boost control? Did you have the 3" MAF housing on your last setup or is this a new addition?
    The tune will be an interesting mix between the haltech interceptor and the ECUtek , main tune will be done via the ECUtek for 98 oct, then ill have the haltech control boost and use map switching to change to an e85 tune, well that's the theory anyway, aaron from mpsgarage will be doing it hopefully

And the 3" MAF was a recent addition so it wasn't present in my last tune.

Wish you more luck than the last people to attempt to get their cars tuned by then

Thats impressive!!

Very nice!

Why not just have the ECUtech control everything? also i remember reading somewhere on the US forum about E85 causing problems such as fuel pump failure due to not having the same kind of lubrication properties but i could be wrong.

I wish you luck!! I've never heard any happy storys from people who have had there car tuned / worked on by MPS garage, only the sad ones. Who knows maybe you'll be the first

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Why not just have the ECUtech control everything? also i remember reading somewhere on the US forum about E85 causing problems such as fuel pump failure due to not having the same kind of lubrication properties but i could be wrong.

I wish you luck!! I've never heard any happy storys from people who have had there car tuned / worked on by MPS garage, only the sad ones. Who knows maybe you'll be the first
    I'll think about that actually tod, maybe I should rip out the haltech ... Or just render it useless ...

Anyway picked up my MPS today and first impressions , wow turbo lag! Lol

But I find that there is alot better control of boost levels using the accelerator pedal... But I am scared of pushing the accelerator too hard without the tune, but I've gotten it up to 11psi on half throttle and by god the torque is huugggeee! Can't wait to get it tuned!
    Last edited by Rayd; 06-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Sounds good mate. Just be careful until you get it tuned

12. Default

Ok, I see it was pretty big lol! Nice! I can't believe they fit it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsdaniel View Post
    Ok, I see it was pretty big lol! Nice! I can't believe they fit it in there.
    You can go even bigger then that... if your crazy

Just an update,
    Getting tuned up by Spiro @ Autotech on Thursday hopefully. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Good luck mate

Update time!

picked up the MPS from autotech today... results : 235KW and 600nM of torque! dude... this thing is serious!

look out for my updated dyno thread , spiro did one hell of a job !

Does autotech do Ecutek tunes? Could be another option we didn't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Does autotech do Ecutek tunes? Could be another option we didn't know about.
    Ye mate, sure do!

thats crazy...those torque firgures are huge..hows the engine holding up lol..

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

what can engine rev to now...ssame 6000? what revs do u get boost at?