User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of Help please...

Default Bit of Help please...

Guys, my 06 MPS 6 as of yesterday decided to spit the cheese with me, was turning left, in second gear, went to accelerate and the car started to almost miss like it would if you had dodgy ignition leads etc, the check engine light flashed 10 times then stayed on, the car is still driveable however at anything over say 1/4 throttle it the car starts stuttering and missing, it will still accelerate just with this jerky, stuttering action taking place.

It is due its 80k service next week but was kinda hoping there was an insight here before being bent over by Mazda...?

Also, is it possible to pluck fault codes from the MPS's? I used to be able to do it with the patrol but not sure if you require like a consult 2 or OBD2 port or whatever they are reader for these?

Also theres no smoke or anything and the car still starts and runs fine its just when you want to use more than 1/4 or half throttle it starts spazzing out...any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Jarryd

No idea, possibly fuel pump failure? Maybe spark plugs?

Where are you based? Am sure there would be someone around who has odb reader

Argh no fuel pump talk please haha

Based in Perth...might as well be another country haha

Where in perth?

Quote Originally Posted by Italsistem View Post
    Based in Perth...might as well be another country haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Where in perth?
    I think there will be someone in perth to help you
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Guess he doesn't want my help then

That would be Butler mate, however based on site at Reid/Alexander during the day if it makes a difference?

i work near Reid / Malaga drive, so only about 2k's down the street. What time do you finish? If its around 5, 5:30 then i should be able to meet you somewhere assuming you have the car with you.

My guess is blown vac hose or similar
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 01-07-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Yeah, plugs or vac lines.

My number 1 guess would be a loose boost line.

Toddy, you are a star, but unfortunately im out of work early today due to a physio appt due to torn hamstring, I may take a poke under the bonnet later on this arvo and see if i can spot anything, im presuming its hypothetically a spat vac/boost line, if i reconnected/rectified it, would the mechanical symptoms clear and the engine light remain due to the fault code not being cleared?

If im still having dramas, I may see if we can tee something up for next week toddy as im usually at work until 7pm most nights

Thanks again guys

If its a hose and you fix the problem it should drive fine. the engine light may go off but the code should still be recorded somewhere i think. If the light stays on you could clear it by disconnecting the battery but i would still recomend reading the code in case it points to other problems.

I'm a 90% chance to be at the upcomming night cruise in perth. If your still having issues it might be a good idea to come down so we can have a quick look at your car / check for codes before we head off, however i wouldn't recomend attempting to join the cruise if your car is still not 100%

Send me a PM if you want to organise to meet somewhere next week

Thanks mate, will have a poke around tonight and see what I can, as for the night cruise, Im still up in the air as i have night shift for a prolonged period coming up out here but will deifnitely see mate.

Thanks again

I too would say boost leak check intercooler hose between the ic and turbo. It may have slightly come loose

well thanks heaps so far guys, the issue its having is obviously whenever it wants to boost, have just finished working on the 4wd so might as well work on this one too now!

Thanks guys

Well...not happy, but problem found. My 6 was fitted, by the dealer mind you, with the supposed upgraded alarm, now the problem with this is, is that the spazz which installed it, installed it in such a way that it rubbed on the IC pipe. Will put photos up soon.

Now does anyone know if this hose can be bought aftermarket or will i get raped by mazda for one>?

Well if its the dealer's fault, they should be rectifying it for you and not charging you for one. Also, maybe get them to move the alarm away from the IC pipe? Glad u found the problem

Which pipe? I probably have a spare one cos I replaced the stock hoses with silicon

pipe at back of IC near firewall, small 90 degree bend jobby, and by dealer installed i mean would have been when it was brankd spanking, im the 3rd owner so probably no recourse as it was 5 years ago.

Oh and i relocated the alarm myself, and made it more secure so it cant **** anything else

I have a spare if you want to borrow it until you get a new one... silicon replacement on ebay is only about $20 is i remember correctly

cool thanks mate, it goes to mazda on thursday for 80k service anyway so i think it can just stay parked in the garage until then. Thanks for the help and offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast