User Tag List

Thread: Tuning perth

Default Tuning perth

hey

does anyone know a good place to tune my mps6?just getting dp and new y piece on the exhaust organised and inlet pipe.then want to try get her tuned up nicely.

also whats the difference between a flash tune and gettiing a tune with a dyno? which is better? results and vaule for money wise.

cheers

Hi mate,

Contact one of our members via PM - Mitsiman

Or go and visit him at

Racing Performance Works
    50 Gordon Road (East), Osborne Park, Perth, WA, 6017
    Phone : 08 94431719
    Fax : 08 92422525
    Regards
    Chris

If you're interested, come to our next cruise next weekend... I'll put my Hypertech flash tune (which I'm currently not using) onto your car for the run, and you can see what you think.
    You'll need to allow about 10 minutes to instal the tune, and probably about another 30 minutes of ECU reset/drive-to-learn time, but the offer is there if you want it.
    This offer stands for other new members, but obviously it's first in, best dressed.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    hey

does anyone know a good place to tune my mps6?just getting dp and new y piece on the exhaust organised and inlet pipe.then want to try get her tuned up nicely.

also whats the difference between a flash tune and gettiing a tune with a dyno? which is better? results and vaule for money wise.

cheers
    There isn't many option with tuning in WA at the moment but as Chris said your best option would be to contact RPW as i believe they are getting the software to flash tune the mazdas.

There are 2 different tuning methods, Flash tuning & piggyback ECU tuning. Flash tuning is where you use a device to load a new tune onto the factory ECU so no wiring or additional components need to be installed on the car and you can return the car to the stock tune easily without a trace. Piggyback tuning involves installing a second ECU into the car that intercepts the signals going to the factory computer and basically lies to it to achieve the desired results. Both methods are best done while on a dyno but it is possible to tune without a dyno if you know what your doing. Flash tuning is the best option in my opinion because it has the ability to change much more setting then a piggyback system.

Chiptorque should be releasing their Ezyflash pro in the near future (yeah i know we've all heard that before). It's a device that allows them to send you a tune (via email) and you can flash it onto your ecu for testing. I tested my final tune version tonight and it all seems good so i'll be off to the dyno to see how much power i've gained.
    Last edited by Toddy22587; 01-07-2011 at 01:44 AM.

I know were not officially a site sponser yet but we just made payment so should be up soon.

My name is David Thomas and I manage RPW and also do the tuning. I have been in the last 5 years speciialising in engine tuning, and specifically doing a lot of work with the reflashing of stock Mitsubishi ECU's with the EcuFlash Sofrware. We are working with a new software package called MMC Flashing as well as the known Mazdaedit software to provide reflashing services for Perth customers for the series 1 and series 2 vehicles.

We expect to have our software up and running by middle of July. Once we do we will organise a few vehicles as test vehicles, to get familiar with the vehicle and software, offering discounted tuning pricing initally, before we start officially tuning the cars with the reflashing software.

We have also been using the Xede and Haltech piggy back units for the last 10 years (Dealers for both firms) so we can fit and tune those now anytime, although personally reflashing is my recomendation.

Once our section on the forum is up we will start getting more information out. Looking forward to working with more Mazda owners in the future.
    Racing Performance Works - Engine Management System Tuners - Haltech, Vipec, Link, Xede and Reflashing Services.

Working on Mazda Tuning Platforms right now - soon to be Ecutek Dealer

This is great news for us in Perth, thankyou RPW, I look forward to seeing your sponsor thread on Oz MPS Club.

7. Default

Thanks RPW. will deff pay you a visit with my MPS 3 for some enhancements