User Tag List

Thread: Corksport SRI Airbox Issues

1. Default Corksport SRI Airbox Issues

Hi Guys,

I've recently installed a CS SRI and TIP. Loving the extra noise and responsiveness.

I also purchased an airbox to neaten things up a bit, and reduce heatsoak. However I have tried installing this twice now, and both times I have had to remove it due to excessive squeaking sounds when the car has a shudder (sudden braking, speed bumps, being lazy with the clutch etc). I've installed it as per instructions, and even taped up the cabling between the airbox and battery that was making a bit of contact, but still it squeaks.

Have any of you had the same issue?

Mine contacts the BPV and the SRI pipe. Iv got a little bit of soft foam between those points now.
    I guess the first thing is to work our exactly where yours contacts other stuff, pad those areas, and see if it goes away.
    Good luck

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

Possible look for some sort of scuff marks, might help find where the contact might be occuring..I have a heatshield installed which was causing noise, it ended up being the heatshield rubbing the intake housing.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Yep I have the same, some foam around the SRI pipe. No noise whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Mine contacts the BPV and the SRI pipe. Iv got a little bit of soft foam between those points now.
    I guess the first thing is to work our exactly where yours contacts other stuff, pad those areas, and see if it goes away.
    Good luck

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Mine has gone in fine, no squeaks. Will watch out for it though.

6. Default

Will try some foam on the SRI, I'd previously tried shaking the box and pipe a bit to simulate engine movement but couldn't replicate the noise. Double checking for scuff marks it probably not a bad idea either. I'll have a crack next week and let you guys know how it goes.