User Tag List

Thread: Be sure to check!!! - Intake clamp rubbing loom

Default Be sure to check!!! - Intake clamp rubbing loom

Hi guys just thought id let you guys know on a little problem I had run into last night...

Driving home car starts back firing and I'm like ohh great a cel.. Anywho read the cel on my dashhawk and it said maf sensor low something.. Any who had a quick look and noticed this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309255642.937984.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	8952

The clamps around the SRI had torn the wire on the MAF sensor.. So just have a look at where your clamps are located coz it's a pain. I was lucky that there was some room left for me to re attach the wire...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309255868.506042.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	8953
    Don't want these babies tearing coz they go straight into the ECU!

do you have an wider view. i have just installed a corksport Sri&Tip and doant want any dramas like that...

not fun

Thanks for that.

Going out to check my SRI now...

Thanks for the heads up !

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    do you have an wider view. i have just installed a corksport Sri&Tip and doant want any dramas like that...

not fun
    I don't have a wider view I can take one in the morning if you'd like.. It's just beside the battery casing closer to your pod filter..

I've seen the hose clamps close on the wiring on the "ghetto" SRI setups and wondered how long it would be before it happened.

How'd you go repairing it? All good?

Oops.

Think I set mine further back, but will check anyway.

Thanks for the heads up mate>

I noticed this when I was installing and put the clamp so the screw side was opposite to the wiring loom (Against the instructions)

9. Default

i was worried about the same sort of issue when i installed my CS TIP and SRI, mainly with the clamp at the inlet side of the TIP *edit - (same spot where u have experienced rubbing)*. I reverted back to the stock clamp as it provided more clearance then the one CS supplied.
    Last edited by bloodyidiot39; 29-06-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I've seen the hose clamps close on the wiring on the "ghetto" SRI setups and wondered how long it would be before it happened.

How'd you go repairing it? All good?
    Yea mate all good like I said thankfully there was extra wiring available to reattach and thanks to my dashhawk otherwise I woulda had no clue! I reinforced all the other wires because it started eating away at the rest of them...

My clamps are on the wiring loom side but nowhere near as close as your setup. I even tried physically moving the SRI (to simulate violent engine movement ) and it doesn't touch.

I've got a MZR SRI...maybe it's design is a bit different and doesn't run so close to the wiring look ?

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    I don't have a wider view I can take one in the morning if you'd like.. It's just beside the battery casing closer to your pod filter..

cool mate that would be great.

i do remember switching out one of the clamps because it looked like it would foul something under there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    cool mate that would be great.

i do remember switching out one of the clamps because it looked like it would foul something under there.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309390846.349632.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	8956

Here's the wider shot...

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309390846.349632.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	8956

Here's the wider shot...
    Thanks mate i will have another look when i get home. i had a look yesterday but couldn’t find anything rubbing.

Seems you and I had the same problem...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...ke-owners.html