User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypertech Install then CEL?

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Anyone know which intake to select for a MZR SRI ?
    This post said that HT suggest the Corksport intake as the closest internal diameter match to the MZR intake.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    This post said that HT suggest the Corksport intake as the closest internal diameter match to the MZR intake.
    Excellent..thanks TD
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Guess what ???

The CEL has come back. I can't get rid of it even when I remove the tune & revert to stock.

Might have to take it to the lads @ Ultimate Tune soon...

S H I T E !!!!!!

I'm guessing either stuffed cat or O2 sensor

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'm guessing either stuffed cat or O2 sensor
    It would seem like it, which brings me to another point. I suspect petrol giants have been playing with mixtures recently, because a large number of people I know have been suffering from fuel system and catalytic converter issues in the last 3 months.

Well,

I spoke with the guys @ Ultimate Tunes & they seem to think it's the sensor.

He also mentioned that the sensors are very sensative & that 1 bad batch of fuel is all it takes to damage them........

I was quoted around $700 to replace the rear sensor if it was faulty.......Is that a reasonable price?

Really can't afford it @ the moment, so what's the repercussions if i dont get it fixed immediately, if any........

Hey all,
    I had a chat with Troy & explained the situation. He seemed to think the O2 sensor was fine & that the ECU was to blame...

I disconnected the negative from the battery & left it over night..... ~And what do you know!!!!!!

No CELs, even after installing the Hypertech tune........

CHEERS Troy........

I just twigged where you were when you said Ultimate Tunes...at what outside temperatures did you got the CEL's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    Hey all,
    I had a chat with Troy & explained the situation. He seemed to think the O2 sensor was fine & that the ECU was to blame...

I disconnected the negative from the battery & left it over night..... ~And what do you know!!!!!!

No CELs, even after installing the Hypertech tune........

CHEERS Troy........
    Let me know if you ever have any other issues.

BTW, you system and Nirvandans system are almost identical. Same DP, same cats, different mufflers. Both are SS though.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12