User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tribute to Celestial blue

Quote Originally Posted by rosie990 View Post
    Im not sure if this has been posted earlier in the post.
    But for all those of you with the celestial blue colour , do you find that the colour chips very easy.
    I have taken my car back to the dealership 2 time because it has flaked away in parts where rocks or things could not hit.

Im thinking this is the reason why they have gotten rid of the colour for the 2011 models??

I do love my colour but I hate how it chips so easy and I do make sure ppl dont park next to me etc etc.

would love to get other opinion on this???
    How old is your car? I think you will find that it is the type of paint Mazda (and I think most car companies use this day), it a water paint (more eco friendly or something like that) and takes a long time to dry, so when the car is new the paint has not 100% dry and therefore soft and chips easy. It will harden up over time.

I do not think it has anything to do with the Colour.

Mazda paint is fairly soft in general regardless of the age of the car (as is the case with most modern Japanese cars).

I've paint corrected/detailed every MPS Gen II colour save the new white (Celestial Blue, Aluminium Metallic, Velocity Red, Black Mica) and they've all, generally speaking, been of equal paint hardness. I certainly haven't noticed any differences between the colours in that respect.

If it's any consolation, RX8s are even worse

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    How old is your car? I think you will find that it is the type of paint Mazda (and I think most car companies use this day), it a water paint (more eco friendly or something like that) and takes a long time to dry, so when the car is new the paint has not 100% dry and therefore soft and chips easy. It will harden up over time.

My car turned 1 yesterday. I find it really depressing as this is my first new car and i take care not to hit it or park near other cars but im finding little chips all over the car .

Stone chips happen, I bought my car to use it. As much as we want them to remain mint forever, being precious about it will only keep you up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post

Nope,
    The waterbased paint is only the basecoat ( the colour )
    No topcoat is water based. The only difference in all the cars is the basecoat is simply a different colour. thay all have the same clearcoat on them , so the 'hardness' wont vary from colour to colour.
    Japanese cars are bad for paint. high end BMWs and Merc have a ceramic clear on them. Now that stuff is hard! wont get swirls like our cars can.

6. Default

Deeply saddened I have a Celestial Blue beauty. Love the colour so much! It has so much character. I can never see it as just one colour, there are always so many shades of blue in there! White is so...........common. Puh!

R.I.P Celestial Blue.

Well i must admit at first i wasn't THAT sure about the colour but i'll definately admit that it's grown on me. I think changing the colour of the wheels & adding coilovers has helped as well! ..Anyhoo here are my latest pics...taken yesterday post dual stage detail, calipers painted with white decals.....

PostDetail pictures by mpsbne - Photobucket

RIP CB

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345