User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tribute to Celestial blue

[QUOTE=Caffeine Fiend;177837]Wait till I get hold of it on the weekend

Mmmmmmmmmm.......shiny!!!!!!!

Here's an idea for Mazda Australia tho...... How about you just offer all 5 colours?

The 3 comes in like 10 colours, but the range topping MPS comes with the smallest range of colours? I don't get it!

just make them all available. That way you get all the people who would have bought one in white nor do you lose the ones that would prefer CB.

Just a thought. They make the car in all 5 colours anyway afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    Saw a BL SP25 hatch in white the other night and it had an MPS rear wing = Gees it looked gooood.

I must admit the Celectial Blue wasn't my first choice in the MPS range, but, I didnt have a choice with the deal I got.
    It was my second with red next then last being black.

It is slowely growing on me with such mods as the black roof, carbon fibre wing mirrors, window tint and soon to have black fill in section on the rear bar.
    These mods I feel will slightly dull down how bright the CB is.

It is sad to see it discontinued, but, also a good thing for the rest of us who have this colour.

Below is my image tribute to CB...

Lookin' good Muz .

VR third choice

Aluminium was actually my first choice when I did all my research from the UK and saw it in the brochure, then I saw it in the metal and was a little disappointed with how light the colour actually was. Fell in love with the VR when I saw it in the showroom, but Aluminium has grown on me and will always have a place in my heart .
    Last edited by Leelu; 01-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Here's an idea for Mazda Australia tho...... How about you just offer all 5 colours?

The 3 comes in like 10 colours, but the range topping MPS comes with the smallest range of colours? I don't get it!

just make them all available. That way you get all the people who would have bought one in white nor do you lose the ones that would prefer CB.

Because it's a waste of money. The MPS sells in less numbers - approx 22:1 in favour of the Mazda 3 (based off May 2011 sales). It doesn't make sense to offer the MPS in colours that maybe 1 or 2 people a month will buy. Automated factory line manufacturing is done with cars of the same colour, so to make 1 or 2 cars of the same colour requires the stoppage of the other colours which costs time and money. Also once you make the car there's the requirement of colour coded spare parts as well that need to be available. This again costs time and money as well as inventory space. It's just not worth it when you're talking about such a low volume and low profit car. Now if you're talking Ferrari on the other hand, they will make a car any colour you wish but you pay for it.
    Last edited by Nuliaj; 01-07-2011 at 10:25 AM.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post

But my understanding is CB will not be available in any of the range when the update comes (around Sept/Oct).

This is not just an MPS thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post

Aluminium was actually my first choice when I did all my research from the UK and saw it in the brochure, then I saw it in the metal and was a little disappointed with how light the colour actually was.
    You probably just saw a badly detailed example

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Aluminium was actually my first choice when I did all my research from the UK and saw it in the brochure, then I saw it in the metal and was a little disappointed with how light the colour actually was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    You probably just saw a badly detailed example
    I think I actually saw the colour on a CX9 or something so it probably wasn't a fair representation . Not one car yard had an Aluminium at the time for me to compare to the VR. I just remember thinking at the time it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be Silver or Grey. Well that was my justification for the decision to go with the AWESOMELY COOL VR
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

8. Default

so is the aluminium metallic the same colour thats on the MPS6 because isnt that called liquid silver ?

Liquid silver is by far the easiest colour to keep clean

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    so is the aluminium metallic the same colour thats on the MPS6 because isnt that called liquid silver ?
    It's a different shade to the MPS6 Melski.

But

To add confusion, the US Mazdaspeed3 Gen II's name for Aluminum Metallic IS Liquid Silver

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

All of the skyactiv promo photos have been of a Celestial Blue mazda3 as well lol. How's that gonna work for their branding?

It's only really an issue here and maybe the US. Japan still has CB.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Liquid silver is by far the easiest colour to keep clean
    What you mean easier than black
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Aluminum is one of the hardest colours to paint-correct scratches and swirls on (next to white).

Lighter colours + metallic = need more powerful lighting to see imperfections

For general washing though yeah it's definitely one of the easier colours

Aluminum is one of the hardest colours to paint-correct scratches and swirls on (next to white).

Lighter colours + metallic = need more powerful lighting to see imperfections

For general washing though yeah it's definitely one of the easier colours

A word from the 'more powerful lighting' king himself

A word from the 'more powerful lighting' king himself

I'm going to get a T shirt made up with that on it

I'm going to get a T shirt made up with that on it

You and your T shirts! What was the last one you were going to get done again?

Hahah I can't remember

This one though will go really well with my "Abe Froman - The Sausage King of Chicago" Tee

http://101tees.com/blog/index.php/ab...-from-80s-tees

19. Default

Im not sure if this has been posted earlier in the post.
    But for all those of you with the celestial blue colour , do you find that the colour chips very easy.
    I have taken my car back to the dealership 2 time because it has flaked away in parts where rocks or things could not hit.

Im thinking this is the reason why they have gotten rid of the colour for the 2011 models??

I do love my colour but I hate how it chips so easy and I do make sure ppl dont park next to me etc etc.

would love to get other opinion on this???

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Evos come in white too

....quite a few around with black wheels too

Electric Blue > White :P

And! I'm seriously considering trading in my black Mazda 6 MPS for a Gen II - in aluminum or white though :P

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast