User Tag List

Thread: 50k service... faaaaaaaaaaaaark.

Default 50k service... faaaaaaaaaaaaark.

$3,061

Needs new discs + pads $1115
    Water pump $485
    New strut $411
    New tyres $264 each (new on 08/03/2010) !!!!

Anywhere I can get cheaper aftermarket parts in bris?
    Last edited by Citrix; 24-06-2011 at 11:52 AM.

WOW like wtf???

That is major rapage!

contact QFM regards brakes, water pump I wouldn't be sure about coz never have had one done, new strut might as well get second hand and tyres is total wtf unless you have been cornering real hard or they're just bad wheel alignment????

ps: is the strut and water pump crucial, as in do they need to done asap???

holy jesus...
    new fronts, get them from GSL (forum sponsor), pads & rotors for ~$500
    how did you wear through tires in 3 months???? KU31's for $150 a pop...
    not sure about the rest of it though...

New discs and pads, should be able to get much better ones for less than that. But after 50k sounds a bit funny, unless your really hard on your brakes.
    Check out forum sponsor GSL, Greg will look after you.

Strut - does that mean the whole strut including shock, and the strut top bushes and bearing? If so, that's an ok price, if its just a shock, forget it, save some more money and do all 4.
    $1k will get you far better shock that will make a massive difference to your car. Replacing just one is a waste of time.
    The strut top bushes and bearing is a problem and that price will cover doing them.

Water pump- unsure, but unlikely to be available aftermarket.

Tyres - what type for that price?
    If they are the original bridgestones, forget it, you can get better tyres for less than that or some REALLY good tyres for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    holy jesus...
    how did you wear through tires in 3 months???? .

its 2011 now sam

Quote Originally Posted by IBOMPS View Post
    its 2011 now sam
    his original post said 2011

Who's doing this kind of service...Expose them!

alright i will forgive you sam, your tyres wouldnt last much more than 3 months from what i have heard

Take it elsewhere to do tyres - shop around and get a tyre shop opinion on the state of your tyres if they've only been replaced in the last 18 months

Take it elsewhere to do brakes - hit GSL Rallysport up for the parts (forum sponsor here as mentioned, great service at great prices) and take the bits somewhere to get it fitted. Should be able to halve that quote you got if you do that.

Water pump...you might just have to cop that one if it does need replacing. Hit the phone and call other Mazda dealers and ask just for a water pump replacement price including labour. Could save $50-80 or so.

Strut - as previously mentioned, if that price is the full assembly that's reasonable, if not go elsewhere and take the opportunity to upgrade all struts for something better.

The guy doing the service is okay.. the prices are coming from Mazda OEM because he says he can't source any 3rd party replacements for an MPS.

The strut quote was just for a strut.

I've referred him to GSL in an attempt to keep costs down.

GSL quotes were much better so thanks so much: Pads/ Rotor front = $435 Pads/Rotor rear = $245
    Struts from GSL @ $129 each.

Thanks for helping in an urgent situation!!

Just had my 50K service and it was $230.00!

I had water pump done about 10,000kms ago, I think it was around $400ish supplied and fitted. Better to just do it than have major issues down the track
    Rotors get elsewhere as mentioned above....much cheaper that way and probably better I have DBA slotted for around $350ish a set (front only)
    You can probably do the whole suspension for a reasonable price and make the ride better anyway!

Hope you get it sorted cheaper

Incidentally, the tyres I had were Yoko A1 Drives. They lasted 21,000k's and had canvass/wire protruding.

Big ups to Greg at GSL for sorting it all in a few minutes over the phone!

13. Default

wouldnt pump/struts maybe be covered under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Just had my 50K service and it was $230.00!

I had water pump done about 10,000kms ago, I think it was around $400ish supplied and fitted. Better to just do it than have major issues down the track
    Rogwick, was there something wrong with the pump or was it replaced as a prevention like a timing belt?

15. Default

my water pump and rear shocks were both replaced under warranty

My water pump was done under warranty too @ 35,000 kms, service manager told me they do a lot of them, apparently a problem on these engines.

New Front rotors and pads @ 50,000 kms, got quoted same price as you and ended up getting DBA 4000 slotted rotors and pads done by mechanic brother in law for $500 fitted.