User Tag List

Thread: Looking for an MPS

Default Looking for an MPS

Hey guys my name's jake i'm from melbourne and looking at getting an MPS 3.

I drove one today and loved it. But i'm not sure if i want a 6 instead for the AWD. so many decisions. anyway great forum you have here.

hey jake , its really a question that you might have to decide for yourself, you'll find heaps of info on either car thou. Each car is good in its own right.
    But if its size you want (commodore falcon replacement) get a 6. If you want easier drive-ability and more comfort the 6 might also trump the 3.
    3 is more intense (good way), lighter on its feet and quicker and the joy of torque steer .
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Welcome,

As Bakis has said if you want some thing that is a little intense go the 3. If you want a great cruiser that is quick go the 6.

Hi and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

welcome, either one is a great choice

Welcome, personal choice ..... Take them both for a good drive and get a feel I was lucky on a mazda day on the track and the 3 felt the best for me but that all comes to personal preference, good luck.

Welcome Jake, the above comments are pretty much on the ball.

I haven't had the pleasure of driving a 3 MPS but to cut to the chase they are BOTH great vehicles. Perhaps I'll share my reasoning behind getting mine which may/may not help.
    - I preferred the look of the 6 and also wanted a Sedan (although hatch is more practical)
    - I made a choice to get away from FWD after having only FWD vehicles previously
    - AWD got me thinking, how much fun can I have round twisties etc the answer is...a fair bit
    - Price was right for me as was the condition and I liked the Pearl white.
    - I was considering mods (but you can mod a 3 just as much really)

Things I've learnt since getting mine
    - She's heavier so you would think a touch slower...However I've kept up with and in some cases pulled on some 3's on cruises and if your game to launch it you can see 0-100 figures under 5 seconds. I think stock for stock the 3 MPS is quicker in a quarter mile though.
    - Traction control off and put your foot down on a corner can see the back-end swing out offering a sense of oversteer.

My advise which supports the above is perhaps take both out. Although they have the same 2.3T motor, they're completely different cars. Just a thought if you plan to keep it stock I think the 3 MPS has a limitations on 1-3rd gear (low boost from the stock tune) Other 3 owners may be able to confirm this for you. I think the 6 also has a slight limitation on the lower gears too but not as much as the 3. On the other hand...if you wish to modify/tune etc...the above won't make a difference and potentially the 3 or 6 could make one quick car!

Also consider options within the 3 and 6 range. You have two options for the 6, the luxury/leather or the standard. A couple of options for the 3 too, Sport, Luxury and Standard? Not entirely sure for the 3 though

Hope that helps a bit

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

8. Default Welcome!

welcome mate, plenty of information here for you, but as the others have said, it all depends on personal preference - the day i bought my 3MPS i had spoken to another mazda dealer who my parents had bought from and they tried to steal the sale from the dealer where my 3mps by offering me a 6MPS for the same price (5k off there marked price) it had similar k's and in good condition. the thing was, although the 6mps was a great deal I actually preferred the look of the 3mps (hot hatch look!)
    So i decided to go ahead and purchase the 3mps - never regreted that ! i love it
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Thanks for all the advice guys. I do like the look of both cars but i like the 3 a little bit more than the 6.

I don't think FWD will bother me as it's all i've ever owned. Though i have driven some nice RWD and AWD cars.

I think i actually have a better feel for FWD. It's time too start looking for an MPS 3 i think, i have no idea what colour i like best though. I like both of the blues so much.

Wish you luck on your Journey

How about this blue?!

rogwick is that the 'cosmic blue'? because thats the colour of the car i had a drive of it looks so good in real life.

Aurora Blue FTW.

Good luck in your decision and future mods.

FYI, I'll be moving to Chelsea (from Brissie) so if you want to have a look at my AB MPS3 hit me up...

Not sure to be honest! lol, I think it might be Cosmic blue?

Hey Jake welcome to the forums, when I joined I was in your exact position and if it weren't for a dodgy couple who screwed me over, I would be driving a 6 MPS. There's days where I wish I had gotten the 6 over the 3 and there's also days that I'm glad to have gotten the 3. Though if I could go back I think I would still choose the 6 over the 3.

Main Reasons for me were: I just freaking love the look of the 6, where as the 3 eh so so. The 4WD while not being used at all times is still something nice to have, the 6 has a much nicer interior IMO, and well I just generally prefer the look of the 6 over the 3 though what I think you should do is take a test drive in both and decide on what you like, because at the end of the day your mainly buying the MPS to drive it, not look at it. So that would be my suggestion to you.

O and rogwick I didn't know you've never driven a 3 MPS, I'll be sure to give you my keys next time