User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EOI: Top Mount Intercooler Group Buy

Blog Entries

#2 !
    MPS Garage and AU manufactured gets my vote....

It seems we are in agreement.

Bear in mind the $1150 option will far out perform the $940 (devlivered) ETS unit. And...we get local support.

I guess we'd better start talking with them....

If it takes them 1 month to get one ready
    that means I will have my Dashawk by then which should be useful in testing

Hi Guys,

I was talking to MPSGarage before xmas about using my car for measurements etc..

This is great - I spoke with the lads today and I think we are going to start moving forward.

Test car does NOT equal free TMIC, but I'm sure the boys will look after you. (I'm in Bne or I'd volunteer).

Can volunteers get in touch with Daniel or Aaron.

I think we may close this thread and start a new, "Lets pressure MPS Garage into custom building us a TMIC" thread?

Waddayarekon?

I'm curious to know how it will manage to far outperform other TMICs? Have the provided any details? Pressure drop figures? Materials being used?

'
    m curious to know how it will manage to far outperform other TMICs? Have the provided any details? Pressure drop figures? Materials being used?
    me too. It raises a few questions

Using a better quality core will maintain pressure and cool more.

Dyno results will hopefully come from the test car - I'm in the same boat - curious.

In fact it raises many many questions, but our options are limited as the US suppliers are very hard to deal with during their recession...(not: I said their ression - we're still in good shape over here or this thread would be dead)...

Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I'm curious to know how it will manage to far outperform other TMICs? Have the provided any details? Pressure drop figures? Materials being used?
    Higher quality alloys chosen for heat transfer properties, volume of air it holds, optimizing end tanks (affecting how air flows through, keeping it equal across the breadth of the cooler)

Then there's small detail of the (presumed) bar and plate design; a custom built core can be tweaked to get the best possible result - a generic core, and I'm inclined to put the ETS with that, makes various concessions in favour of being generic, so I don't think it would be too difficult to see a better result with something that is purpose built and model specific.

Yes I understand how in theory something could be better, but my question is how this particular one will do it i.e. if they had released any details.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Yes I understand how in theory something could be better, but my question is how this particular one will do it i.e. if they had released any details.
    Any particular developer will do it the same way. By chasing certain engineering ideals. No-one is going to say "this is how we've done it" until they have actually done it.

Until then, theory is what they'll be working from.

SU seems to have gone down the "ours looks better" engineering path which is to say no engineering at all, and that's probably why nobody has them. Proven engineering beats pretty any day, even if it's generic engineering.

MPSGarage claim very high efficiency is possible, and with their experience, I'm inclined to suggest they'd know - and how.

Ball has to get rolling before anyone can provide small detail....

Indeed - hopefully someone from this forum has been in contact to offer themselves and a test car.

Is this dead? Had anyone spoken with MPS Garage re being a test car? Did we every get a final price from PG (Teedee)??

Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    I think we may close this thread and start a new, "Lets pressure MPS Garage into custom building us a TMIC" thread?
    Seonding that motion...:mod:
    Further discussion, feedback from development volunteers etc @ http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...g-us-tmic.html

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    Is this dead? Had anyone spoken with MPS Garage re being a test car? Did we every get a final price from PG (Teedee)??

Jim
    I sure hope not, I'm not in a hurry myself, but I'd like to see an AU product to run with. That's what I'd buy. It's a glaring omission from the MPSGarage catalogue.
    Last edited by Nexus; 23-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Please see this thread for the development of the MPS Garage TMIC
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/mps-g...rack-tmic.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123