User Tag List

Thread: Use of iPhone 4 with 6mps Bose stereo

Default Use of iPhone 4 with 6mps Bose stereo

Hi guys, having only owned my 6 MPS for a couple weeks, haven't worked everything out just yet. I have done a bit of a search and can't find an answer to this question. Any help appreciated. I have an iPhone/iPod 'adaptor' in the glovebox to play/charge said device. Q1: is this standard, or would it be aftermarket? It does not support my iPhone 4, so I'm assuming maybe it was put in when there was no such thing as an iPhone 4 (or maybe even 3). Q2.. Is there a way to get it to accept my iPhone 4, either by a new adaptor or an app for the phone? Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Nathan

I've just bought an MPS as well with the Ipod adapter in the glove box. So far it doesnt seem to work with my Ipone 3GS. Any help would be appreciated.

If your car had Bluetooth then it will work, but it's quite limited at that.

New version of the APPLE IOS meant that the phone accepts Play/Pause, Next/Previous functionality.

I drive a MPS 3 GENII, so it might be a little different.

Aux connection?

i bought this when i got my iphone 3. i can control the volume and change tracks, but you do need to hit play on the phone. I have the iphone 4 as well, an it still works, although it will say it is a non-std accessory.

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

non standars mate,

we wont be able to answer the question about getting it to work unless we knew which model it was .... but i got this one: Xcarink and it works great with my iPhone 4/iPod/iPad2 charges it aswell as plays music through with support for the steeringwheel controls work with it aswell.

hope it helps.

cheers guys, I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can see what brand it is etc. I wouldn't use it for anything other than charging probably as I don't store much music on the iphone but if it's there, I'd prefer it to work.