User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banana Gloss Testing

Default Banana Gloss Testing

I applied Prima Banana Gloss to my MPS for the first time today. Things I wanted to test were:

1. Application in full sun on hot panels.
    2. Removal after long periods in full sun on hot panels.
    3. Concealing paint defects and alterations to the paint finish.
    4. How long it took to apply to and remove to a complete vehicle.

Application In Full Sun On Hot Panels

When applying in this situation the first thing I noticed is BG hazes extremely quickly. The only problem with this, is it means you are using more product to get full coverage on the panel as you don't have as much time to spread it.

There is absolutely no problem with the application and the bottle does exactly what it says. If the user has no option but to apply in full sun, then go for it but in the interest of preserving your bottle of product I would apply in the shade if you have it.

Removal After Long Periods In Full Sun On Hot Panels

During test application I left a section of BG on for a total of 7 minutes in full sun before buffing off. The car was also parked half in the shade to see if buffing off was any easier on the cool panels.

Conclusion is there was absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Concealing Paint Defects And Alterations To The Paint Finish

For this test I taped the bonnet down the centre and applied to one side. Excuse the stone chips. Respray coming soon.

Unfortunately my poor photography couldn't capture any swirls before or after. Swirls were decreased by a significant level but not removed completely (almost). I would say the swirls in my paint are average so I was quite pleased with this level of concealing.

What was very noticable and I did manage to capture to a certain degree was a definate change in colour shade.

How Long It Took To Apply And Remove To A Complete Vehicle

Apply: 7 minutes
    Remove: 5 mins

Durability is only 6-8 weeks. Who cares. I'll be using the product regularly.

Beading Shot

And a couple of glamour shots

FCKN YUM springs to mind... excuse open ness im pisses.. lol its a sat night after all. lol

COME AND DO MY CAR im soooo sick of seeing all your yummy products doing such i nice job. i am totally jealous!

. How funny are you. Hang over?

4. Default

Whats the best way to apply this? I dont have any buffing pads, so I would be doing it all by hand (using lint free towels). Is this ok?

Also, I had paint protection done in May 08 on the MPS, and only now am I starting to get some visible swirls. Is this a good product to "top up" and remove the swirls in the protection? I'm assuming the paint protection has pretty much worn off. I was considering getting it paint protected again, but not sure.

Any advice would be great!

Don't waste your money. Just apply a sealant yourself if you want paint protection. A product like Prima Epic or a new one we have Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection is the do-it-yourself equivalent of the paint protection sold at the dealerships.

For the Banana Gloss, it actually needs to be applied by hand. Not by machine. Use of either a foam applicator or a microfibre applicator works best. Apply it nice and thin to the vehicle (you can do panel by panel if you want or do the whole car) then buff off the residue with your typical microfibre terry towel.

There is no doubt that the paint protection is gone now. Banana Gloss will fill in swirls, but it is more of a beauty product and doesn't last long. You'll need to apply every month. If you don't want to do a full paint correction to remove the swirls, but want protection, the best option is to apply your sealant and use Banana Gloss periodically.

Drop me an email or a PM if you would like to discuss various options.
    Last edited by duglet; 26-04-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Since my pics seem to suck so much, here is a photo taken by another customer of ours. One side is obviously layered with Banana Gloss, the other not.

Blog Entries

That is one great comparison pic.

hey mate, are you selling this product? what sort of prices we looking at? the results look amazing!

Yeah we are selling it. Retail you are looking at $45.45 with the forum discount for a 16oz (473ml). We also do a 32oz (946ml) for trade guys like yourself. Drop me an email if you want our trade price list.

So that above pic is just with the Banana Gloss on the right and no other surface prep? Seems to do a great job at hiding all those imperfections..

My Baby will be sexier by the end of the week Thanks heaps Joel

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    My Baby will be sexier by the end of the week Thanks heaps Joel
    PICSORBAN after the wax on wax off action

Quote Originally Posted by kblume View Post
    So that above pic is just with the Banana Gloss on the right and no other surface prep? Seems to do a great job at hiding all those imperfections..
    Yep, that's just the Banana Gloss on the right and all the swirls on the left.

Got it today

15. Default

I'm gonna buy some...

Im gonna buy some too... that stuff is awesome.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Im gonna buy some too... that stuff is awesome.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Got some yet Duggy???

Im gunna gloss her up tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by kblume View Post
    PICSORBAN after the wax on wax off action
    What he said

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Got some yet Duggy???

Im gunna gloss her up tomorrow....
    You can gloss me up any time