User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banana Gloss Testing

Don't worry guys. I feel your pain. My car currently lives on a main road. No undercover parking. Nowhere to give my car a good detail.

I've had to resort to paying one of our customers to come and detail it every now and then. Costing me a fortune!

She's back..... and looking sexy

I'm giving mine a coat of Banana Gloss this afternoon too

is there any item that can pull out a tiny dent? also what to use for light scratches?
    my baby has also been neglected lately due to outdoor parking and living in a dustbowl of a suburb next to a main road

i plan on spending a day just cleaning and showing her sum TLC wif my new waffle weave and prima hydro but i think more product may be necessary!
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

Can't help you with the dent mate. But the light scratches I can.

Removing them is a big job, but hiding them is easy.

Your car would be having the same problem as mine being near a main road. I live inner city Sydney, on a main road with no garage. So my paint gets a lot of heavy metal pollution. You'll know if yours does too when you wash it and it feels like sandpaper under the wash mitt/sponge.

If this is the case, the best thing for you to do is clay bar it first. This will remove all the crap off the surface.

Next you have two options to hide the swirls.

1. Prima Amigo - This is basically a paint cleaner with fillers. Will add some nice gloss to the paintwork and fill in some of the light swirls. Follow this with your Prima Hydro. Because you don't have a base sealant down and using the Hydro on its own plus the conditions your car lives in I would be washing and reapplying the Hydro weekly.

2. Prima Banana Gloss - This is a liquid wax. Not very durable, but is designed as a short term beauty product. Hides some serious swirls.

Prima Amigo won't hide swirls as well as the Banana Gloss, but I think you'll get a better look from option 1 and that combo will work better with the Hydro you already have. Banana Gloss adds some nice gloss to the paintwork also, but you will benefit more in your case I think from a good paint cleaner.

Ideally what you want to do is:

1. Clay
    2. Amigo
    3. Durable base sealant. Eg Prima Epic, Finish Kare 1000p, Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection
    4. Booster Product = Prima Hydro at least once a month.

thanks a heap joel!

the car had paint protection applied wen i first got it new 2 years ago.... is this a "base sealant" that u mean?

will the amigo cut it away? or would it already be worn away? its that crystal elements thing...

Thanks, KARL

Basically, they are the same thing. Different sealants have different formulas obviously, but the product they applied for you a couple of years ago is the same "type" of thing.

It would have well and truly been worn away by now unless you have been using a booster product like I mentioned. There are lots of claims for some products lasting years. The fact is they don't. We are currently testing a coating that chemically bonds to the layers of the paint. Far superior durability to any ordinary sealant and even that will only last 12 months in the worst of our climate. A couple of years in ideal conditions.

If the product was still on your paint, the Amigo would remove it. It's not abrasive, but cleans the paint so that means removing anything off the surface. By doing this, it will add some nice gloss to the paintwork and your sealant will bond much better to the clean paint.

Thanks again Joel, and ur detailing library is brilliant! i havnt found anywhere with as good service with detailing products.
    i cant wait to start detailing my car properly wen i move into my new home!

Cheers mate! Glad you like it. Have started adding to it too. Just recently did a section on watermarks as we get that question a lot.

another one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123