User Tag List

Thread: What are the best mods and accessories for the MPS ?

Default What are the best mods and accessories for the MPS ?

Hi all just wondering what everyone thought the best mods and accessories are for the MPS it can be small interior bits and pieces or major engine work !

i my rear LED tails and Boost Gauge always make me smile when i see them on but the best value exterior mods i think were: Painted Calipers, Bonnet Bulge Decals, Window Visors
    engine wise, i love the note of exhaust, torque from DP and noise of BOV

Lowered springs and slimline plates, oh and M3 style spoiler lip

Not that I have a lot of mods, but the one thing that stands out more than any mod I have made to any car I've had was the addition of Koni FSD shocks.
    Why our cars weren't made like this I have no idea.
    Smoother, handles better, more comfortable, less tiring to drive long distances.
    I can't think of a negative to them for a daily driven car.
    Rides better than my SP23 did, handles like a 6 MPS, and that's quoted from a biased die hard 6 fan.
    Best value for money mod.

Blog Entries

I would reccommend the mazdaspeed aluminium and leather handbrake trim. It really lifts the appearance of the centre console. The plastic handle on handbrake just looks cheap IMO. But then I saw you have a 6 and it's probably already leather?

fuffly dice interior.... GT racing strips exterior...

DP, Full Exhaust, LED lights & and my soon to be installed SRI

8. Default

one of my best (and ony) interior mods I did, is putting the ipod adaptor into the aux rear plug of my stereo, my special car only black ipod lives permanently in the glove box

9. Default

Carbon fibre front lip, Full exhaust from front to back inc DP, SRI.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned a rear engine mount yet!

Got to be one of THE best bang for buck mods (for the 3 anyway)

Just paint some things on the car orange ,stand back & wait for the shit to hit the fan

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Just paint some things on the car orange ,stand back & wait for the shit to hit the fan

Col
    Meh orange, it's so passé

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post

Col
    COL COL COL

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    fuffly dice interior.... GT racing strips exterior...

OK no one liked my joke :P. As said Engine mount, SRI+TIP ( please use the TIP as it help spool the turbo) DP, tune. Than good tyres,rear sway bar, good shocks, high temp Brake Pads (low dust).

These will transform ur car in a nice daily driven car and will perform on the track too
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Turbo upgrade and engine (re)build

Ok guys I was trying to be funny , my dry sense of humour laughing at myself really Ok serious Col talking ,as said the first must do mod is REM the second is a TIP & pod the third would be a short shift with bushes all these are relatively cheap with extremely good benifits , now if your uncle is your friendly bank manager my recomendations are ECU tune ,
    18 X 8 Mag wheels with high perfomance for wet & dry tyres, FMIC, 3'' exhaust inc dump pipe & BOV, coilovers & swar bars these mods will give you higher performance with safety & transform the handling because it is a mps6 you would bennifit from a rear diff mount as well . End result a car that sounds, handles & goes like it means business .Then start painting things orange , just kidding

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 18-06-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Nothing wrong with a bit of Orange, worked for Mazda at targa last year. Though the change to yellow was better for them this year.
    So maybe yellow is the key to success Col?

On topic.
    "Best" is a very tricky thing, its really up to personal opinion, what's best for some might not be for others.
    This thread I proving that.