User Tag List

Thread: Nearly 500,000 Mazda3s recalled over windshield wiper defect

Default Nearly 500,000 Mazda3s recalled over windshield wiper defect

Filed under: Recalls, Mazda

2010 Mazda3 - Click above for high-res image gallery

According to Reuters, Mazda is preparing to announce a recall that could affect any Mazda3 built between January 2008 and July 2010. The recall has been issued because of an electronic glitch keeps the windshield wipers from working properly. So far no accidents have been reported that relate to this defect.

Approximately 494,500 cars fall under the umbrella of this recall. In North America, the total number of vehicles potentially affected is 157,700. If you own a Mazda3 built within this time period, perhaps it's time for you to stock up on Rain-X until you can bring the car into your local dealer to have the issue repaired...Nearly 500,000 Mazda3s recalled over windshield wiper defect originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Any details as to what the defect is exactly? Mine have been working fine and they have sure seen a lot of use in the last 6 months!

Might just be people with auto wipers, and to that I say: This is why you don't buy auto wipers.
    Last edited by Reedy; 16-06-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Any details as to what the defect is exactly? Mine have been working fine and they have sure seen a lot of use in the last 6 months!

Might just be people with auto wipers, and to that I say: This is why you don't buy auto wipers.
    Hey I have auto wipers. They're wanky but cool and are working fine.

from
    MMMPPPSSSEXY

hmmm....mine definitely falls in this time period. Wonder what the defect entails?

I read on the herald today that the recall only affects previous generation 3's. That conflicts with what is written here.

Either way, if you get a letter in the mail, get that shit fixed.