User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPS 6 Clutch replacement

Andy the dule mass flywheel cuts down on engine vibration that feeds back into the transmission ie makes your ride quiet the down side is it can not be machined so when it wears down it needs to be replaced, Solid fly wheel can be machined so dosnt need to be replaced when you change your clutch over. I'm currenlt having this probelm and need to replace my clutch has anyone done the duel mass to solid replacement? and what sort of gear chatter can I expect ?

with the exedy Sport Tuff HD clutch I had extra vibes if I loaded the engine up below 3k-ish RPM.

Otherwise no extra vibes at all...

CPe REM makes more vibes than the SingleMass flywheel did... but it doesn't make the parcel shelf vibrate like the SMF...

Chris.

3. Default

Hi Everyone,
    My MPS 6 needs a gearbox/clutch overhaul. First and second are noisy, specially on hill start and have to be driven very slowly. 3rd , 4th, 5th and 6th are fine. Flat start gently is OK. Have two quotes of around $5K mark and the guys have not done a MPS 6 before either.

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for this type of work ?

p.s: Mazda quote is about $6.5 to $7K parts and labour included :-(

probably would've been better off making a new thread mate, rather than reviving a 4 year old one :P

To answer your question though, where are you located? hard to recommend a shop unless we know what city/town you're in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123