User Tag List

Thread: Audio upgrade - Ditched the BOSE

Default Audio upgrade - Ditched the BOSE

Hey guys,

I was recently toying with the idea of upgrading some go-fast bits. But I ultimately decided to go for comfort instead and invested in car-audio and sound-deadening.

Before:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img3610tg.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	8801Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img3607nt.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	8802

After:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img3625r.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	8799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallergk.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	8803

The Head Unit can be multiple colours, so i've changed it to Red to suit the dash.

Subby is here... Ignore all the dog hair, I have two German Shepherds so unavoidable.

All up

Pioneer AvicF-320 Head Unit with GPS

Dash Kit

Steering Wheel Controls

Polk 5x7 Speakers (Front & Rear)

Dynamat on 4 doors

Focal 10" Underseat Subwoofer

Install

All for $2650.

My first impression was HOLY SHiT It's QUIET. I think I was more impressed with the dynomat than the speakers at first. Still trying to tune it properly and get my USB stick working. It's so quiet it's like driving an Accord or something.

Big ups to Complete Car Sound for the setup. Really down to earth guys who seem to know their stuff. They did my wifes car a few years back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img3619xu.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	8800  

Oh... anyone want to buy an OEM BOSE Setup. They're really good!! In fact, that's why I got rid of it... it was too good. I wasn't worthy. It's worth heaps...

Make MDF ring spacers for your speakers to mount onto the door.... the only other thing, did u use a high quality speaker wire? over what u have done this will make a massive improvment..

I love dynamat, im using dynamat superlite ( only 5 kgs added and all 4 doors + hatch )

I recon everyone should use dynamat and MDF speaker rings they make a massive difference to even the standard system.

good work
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

standard speakers on mps is 2 ohms? if i just change the speaker to 4 ohms will it damage anything?

if you go from 2 ohms to 4 ohms = better sound due to the amps not working as hard to power them. Only one draw back as the amps dont load up as much may not be as loud i doubt u wil notice it tho..