User Tag List

Thread: First Mods (Gen 1 Mazda MPS 3) - Newbie.

1. Default First Mods (Gen 1 Mazda MPS 3) - Newbie.

Hi All,

I have tried reading through the threads to get some information, but was hoping someone could lay it out nice a simple :-), just wish to know if:

1. installing the MZR SRI, that no tuning etc required? (is the maf sensor the same diameter) , or any alternate SRI recommended.

2. Installing a CBE in addition to the SRI, that again no tuning would be required.

I was mainly concerned with Boost increases (currently do not have a boost guage), and also A/F ratio becoming too lean etc..

I dont mind having the car tuned if it would be required, just wish to know beforehand, anyway thanks in advance Girls & boys.

engine mount, sri, Dp, rear sway bar............................................... .................. CBE = sound, and 1kw increase :P ( only good if ur going BIG hp )

these will have no problem with tune or boost, ecu will learn AFRs and adjust

3. Default

Thanks mates, cheers

Not after HP gains, I am only after making car sound a little nicer, the stock note is very uninspiring

OK than.. SRI and TIP, aftermarket BPV/BOV, CBE from the 1st cat...

Quote Originally Posted by cargle View Post
    Thanks mates, cheers

Not after HP gains, I am only after making car sound a little nicer, the stock note is very uninspiring
    Hi there.

I felt the same as you about stock sound.

Your MZR SRI and CBE choices are exactly what I have.

MZR SRI is a straight swap, no mods required. Your car'll breath better, better throttle response and great induction sound.

PM Tim (DISIMS3). It's his product and he'll be happy to tell you all about it. All of us in Cairns are running with his SRI and are more than happy with it.

CBE with a no-compromise hotdog muffler at the rear has made my car really bark under throttle. Mine is mild steel not stainless so gives a deeper sound but more drone in the cabin.

These 2 mods together make the car breath so much better. No tuning is required but you could benefit from one later down the track.

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy
    Last edited by 03blk; 15-06-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Talk to 2xs about your mods. i highly recommend and others here do as well, find him in the vendor section .

You can also get a Corksport sri and tip from MPSGarage. I know they have them in stock. http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ke-system.html so turn around time will be quick, PM me if you go this way i can assist you

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

i got a custom made 3' CBE from the 1st cat back from my local exhaust dealer for about $600..

hope this helps
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 15-06-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

A DP will give you better sound AND more power. That combined with a cat back would sound very chunky.

Another thought if you're just looking for sound is a racepipe/testpipe/midpipe or what ever you choose to call it + deleting 1 or 2 resonators, the guys from MSF say that there's no drone and if you go on youtube imo they sound great.

And definitely Mount first! then SRI +TIP imo.

Rear engine mount, I would recommend cp-e, SURE or streetunit, the streetunit ones have interchangeable bushes, so you can change the harshness of the mount if you aren't happy with its feel, the cp-e ones are fixed so you need to choose before you buy, fwiw, I run the 75 duro CPE and dont find the vibes particularly bad, or annoying.
    Stay away from TRZ mounts, even their "softer" mount will rattle the fillings from your teeth, although I think this is more a case of poor production standards, than the actual rubber used, as others have reported no issues with these, might be a bit of a lucky dip.

Intake, depending on how orchestral you want your engine bay to sound, an SRI will give you all the whooshy, psssht noises the joys of turbocharging bring, a CAI will amplify this again, a CAI and alloy TIP will scare kittens and the elderly.

Exhaust, A CBE will give you sound, and thats about it, you can replace the stock large rear baffled muffler with a sportier straight through style for about $200 for a bit of noise, a DP will make the stock exhaust sound a lot meatier, a DP + CBE will sound awesome, I am running a CPE / Best mufflers DP + a 3" CBE into a magnaflow straight through muffler, which then tapers down to the stock 2.5" resonator & tailpipe. It sounds great without being stupidly loud, and cabin noise is still very tolerable.
    Reedy may have some footage of my car from the weekend, if you ask him nicely he might post it up.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

1st. Rear engine mount
    2nd. Dump Pipe
    3rd. Flash tune
    4th. SRI or CAI (personal choice as to which)

As for sounds, I have a DP and a factory exhaust system with my large muffler deleted. Sounds like a turbo 4 should. I did this strictly for engine breathing. NOT sound. But the soud it makes has my pants 'happy' ; )

Note: BOV not needed.