User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info Needed: Where to buy Denso ITV22s???

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Actually I am the tight ass...haha, I had a coil go which buggered the plug, and was given the option of replacing one coil for $300 or $1200 for all, so I said just do one and bought the others genuine from the States for a helluva lot less I also changed all of the other plugs myself because they were half the price from PerformanceLub.com

Mind you, my car is out of warranty too.
    Shame, I have 4 coils sitting here in a box (secondhand of course)
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Shame, I have 4 coils sitting here in a box (secondhand of course)
    Sorry about that, I didn't want to under-offer as the genuine parts are worth $300 each here (I only paid about $80 each for the new ones)

Anyways guys back on topic...

I've contacted Aaron from MPSG and they will ship them off via express post so I should get them as soon as I transfer some moulah $$$, I thought I'd might as well change them as I will be adding mods to the engine as tome comes by and also atm the car idles a bit rough in the mornings so thought if I'm going to change them I might as well get it over and done with and drop in the ITV22s...

Will report back once they're in to let ppl know what I think and if they have made any difference, I'm not getting my hopes up but I can expect better idling, smoother acceleration and hopefully better fuel consumption...

Cheers!

Alex
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Can't wait alex

im eager to see if it makes a difference aswell!

Alright guys I just received a nice little package in the mail from MPSG...

I will be installing them tomorrow morning, I've already done the oil and oil filter change with Castrol Edge 5w30 and boy it feels so much better than the Motul Turbo Light I had in there, not to go off topic so I will post more on that in the correct section.

Will report back once I have the plugs installed.

Also like to mention a special thanks to Aaron from MPSG for getting the plugs over to me lightning fast and replying to my PMs

Cheers!

Alex

Hmm, might not switch to Motul then i'll keep to Elf .

Heh how funny is this, i got my ITV22's in the mail today aswell , pumped

So I dropped this suckers in over the weekend and freaking WOW they do make a difference!

First impressions were smoother idling, the engine sounded much more even and vibrated even less, I took it for a drive and straight away noticed it accelerated much smoother and faster than before, it now pulls much nicer and doesn't have any hesitation or feel like the turbo dies off. So far I have driven 273kms with them in and I'm almost at half tank, I usually only get 225kms or so for half a tank with BP ultimate, so the added fuel efficiency is much welcomed

I have recently scored a Cork Sport down pipe from one of the US forums and will hopefully be here within a week or so, will do a whole review on that once I get stuck into it, I just hope it doesn't throw a CEL and I don't fark up the threads on the O2 sensors....

Cheers and thanks for watching

Alex

Question, all that gain from colder plugs or just because they are new?

I fitted iridium plugs to my old gtir pulsar and found the exact same thing as you.
    But again, due to just being new or being better I don't know, was too much work to do a back to back test with 2 sets of new plugs.

Only problem I had was the ended up causing a server hesitation on WOT at 5000-5500rpm.
    Turned out to be the "pre gapped" plugs had a gap ranging from 0.4 to 1.6mm.

Heat range on plugs is a tricky thing to sort out, we have a car at home that is a bugger to start and drive when its cold, reason is it fouls the plugs, so the answer to that is obviously a hotter plug, problem then is, that plug is too hot for when cruising when warm. Ideally one needs to start the car on hot plugs, get it warm, then swap the plugs.
    A lot of old race cars would do that.
    Dad owned a very modified HQ that he would have 2 sets of plugs, 1 for driving around the city, another for highway driving

Sounds awesome Alex, i reckon the gains have both come from a upgraded spark plug and also the fact there new fresh ones but still the improvements sound awesome.

Upgrade to iridium and newness yes.
    But being colder?
    That's the proof i would like to see.

Not saying it has had no effect, but I would like to see proof before saying that going colder is a must.
    Even so, one would have to remember that it wouldn't be for everyone as it would depend on modifications and importantly, climate.

Well it is really dam cold over here in Melb and that doesn't seem to have affected it what so ever, like I said I have actually seen more of an improvement, if I hadn't then it would have been a total waste of time and money but it's actually helped out.

More power??? I doubt it...

Better running and better fuel economy, I sure do believe it has made a difference.

I guess that has to do with the newness of the plugs, but the colder combustion temps will help once I turn up the wick in the boost level department and carry out some more modification on the engine.

I guess boosted engines benefit from colder plugs, one step colder is sure to be nothing dramatic where you will see them foul, but will help keep temps in the chamber down, also would help with heat soak on TMIC fitted cars like WRXs and MPS3/6. Think about how much hot air makes it into the engine cylinders specially when boost is turned up or the car is being driven hard at a track or street, then colder plus helping aid the increased temperature really does make sense and do help decrease detonation, which is a total no no on a Turbo engine and Rotaries are even worse when it comes to handling detonation, they totally can't tolerate it!

Found some more info from NGK About Spark Plugs...

I'm currently looking for the same plugs, found some on ebay which are same to the ones listed on Alex's box above but says Chevy on the title.

4 DENSO IRIDIUM Power Spark Plugs ITV22 5340 - Chevy | eBay

Should they work?

Not sure were else to try... PG wanted $65 shipping which made them more expensive then MPSGarage.
    Im after the lowest price

15. Default

looks right.
    the other one i saw was this one:

4 Bougies DENSO Iridium MAZDA 3 MPS 6 MPS MAZDASPEED | eBay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12