User Tag List

Thread: will this work?

Default will this work?

i found this on good old ebay 04 05 06 07 08 09 Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed 3 Navigation OEM | eBay after doing some reading ( on here and elsewhere)and even speaking to mazda i cant sort a final answer will this work ? i know the maps need to be sorted on disc ( am in the process of sorting it w/ whereis ) as all the necessary hardware ( you'd think ) is there is there any other reason it wouldnt work ? ive had my eye on this for a while, just dont wanna waste the money on a maybe
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Bump can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

i personally wouldnt for that price!!

7'HD GPS DVD BT IPOD FOR MAZDA 3(2003-2009) PLUG & PLAY | eBay

Look at something like this... for a fraction of the price

I have this - MAZDA 3 7'' DVD PLAYER,800*480,GPS,,BLUETOOTH,USB,SD | eBay

Really good, easy to use. Only faults i've found so far is that sometimes it takes a while for the GPS to find signal, and you can't use it to set the clock on the OEM display, dispite them saying you can (instructions say to press a mode button, but there isn't one - at least that i can find)

The big advantage of this unit is that unlike the one Luke above has linked to, the OEM display screen remains fully functional and will show the volume, radio station, DVD time etc. Most others leave the bit between the clock and the air conditioning blank

Bd581 I use to have similar unit in my old car and couldn't stand the 'music' page (last 2 pics on the eBay add ) and as the main use will be music it scares me abit ! Also I really like the 'stock' foldaway look and the genuine Mazda aspect of it. I remember seeing it in someone's pic on here, I'll settle for a eBay Unit if I have no option but I'd really like this Mazda one regardless of the price if I WILL work

Someone has to be able to tell me if it'll work of not ?

CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

To me, this looks like a stand alone unit. It would just need a power and a power from the lights. It doesn't say anything about displaying music or whatever else. Standard GPS unit. That said, can't see why it won't work. Just be careful the screen isn't tilted towards the left, rather than the right. If it faces straight, then ok.

Could buy a Tom-Tom or Garvin cheaper and have it portable...

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    It doesn't say anything about displaying music or whatever else. Standard GPS unit. That said, can't see why it won't work. Just be careful the screen isn't tilted towards the left, rather than the right. If it faces straight, then ok.

Yeah I'll still have a stereo
    And I'll have check the screen facing .. Good pick up !

yeah that unit in the OP is most likely just a gps nav unit only. Nothing to do with playing music.