User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbosmart dual port bov flutterdump??

Default Turbosmart dual port bov flutterdump??

Hi all, anyone else out there running a turbosmart dual port bov running 50/50 get an aweful case of flutterdump on anything but full boost? I have tried adjusting it from full hard to full soft and it makes no difference. At the time of install I also changed the vacuum and return line for aftermarket items also, could the vacuum line be the cause? Any ideas?

Bump/anyone?

I had one on my 6 for a few months... even tightened right down I got no flutter.

Chris.

i'd love this setup! lol full boost VTA + Re-circ and below full boost (<12psi) flutter, wicked!

i'll swap my turbosmart dual port with you if you dont want it :P

Do you run a FMIC?....i never used to get flutter until the FMIC went in.

Rayd, do you get flutter or flutterdump? Also not running a FMIC. Chris did you change the vacuum line to an aftermarket version?

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend64 View Post
    Rayd, do you get flutter or flutterdump? Also not running a FMIC. Chris did you change the vacuum line to an aftermarket version?
    arnt they both the same?

Mine hasen't been an issue, sometimes flutters, same VTA or 50 50.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I understand that there is other springs available for the Dual port TS bov, maybe suss that out?

Flutterdump is when it flutters for a second then blows-off, sounds pretty silly. I am starting to think they sent me the wrong spring?

oh , yer mine does that on minimal boost, say anything under 5psi... i like it

Chris did you change the vacuum line to an aftermarket version?
    I only changed the BOV and the TIP (CP-e silicon one)... No flutter even with the TS tightened as far down as it could...

With it set to the softest setting I could get it to vent to atmosphere sitting still in the driveway...

Was actually starting to think the spring in it was waaaay too weak.

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

mine will VTA in the driveway no worries... is that bad?

Don't know if it's bad...

I just thought it was a little excesive that a small rev and lift off in the driveway brought about quite a loud VTA... Did make me smile the first couple of times though.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Victa View Post
    Don't know if it's bad...

I just thought it was a little excesive that a small rev and lift off in the driveway brought about quite a loud VTA... Did make me smile the first couple of times though.

Chris.
    I want mine too VTA in the drive way at low revs
    For mine to VTA i got to hit 4000+ rpm for a light vta and 5000+ for a loud vta.

Anyway, when adjusting the BOV, (Harder, Softer) my spring almost feels like its grinding against the walls of the BOV... and makes really worried that ive stuffed it up already..

Quote Originally Posted by kh92 View Post
    I want mine too VTA in the drive way at low revs
    For mine to VTA i got to hit 4000+ rpm for a light vta and 5000+ for a loud vta.

Anyway, when adjusting the BOV, (Harder, Softer) my spring almost feels like its grinding against the walls of the BOV... and makes really worried that ive stuffed it up already..
    For the rubbing, check the hose connection on the top... the hose clamp on mine rubs against the cap when turning it...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Hi all - I'm baaaack!
    I had a few apparent "compressor stall" issues on lift-off at modest boost settings (OK on near full power runs) after I fitted the new FMIC - I've learned to drive to accommodate it, as no amount of BOV adjustment will change it. I've attributed it to too much plumbing. I'll watch this debate with interest and see where it leads.

Is this flutter dump?
    YouTube - &#x202a;Mazdaspeed3 Turbosmart Dual Port BOV [HQ]&#x202c;&rlm;
    If so, IMO that sounds awesome.. lol

Yeah that's flutterdump but mine doesn't sound as good as that, slightly different pitch.

Yeah that's flutterdump but mine doesn't sound as good as that, slightly different pitch.
    Yer same, I can't get mine to flutter anything after about 4psi so it's very low pitched, that guy must have some wicked crazy spring tension happening there

20. Default

I don't even own a turbo car yet and can tell you that having any amount of flutter is bad for your car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast