User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Everyone's Opinion

That's good news mate. Hope there is a real improvement.

Well for those who have been following this thread...here are my dyno results and because Richard has had trouble with incorporating the original dyno run (before the mods) he has explained a few things for me below to help me make sense of the gains i got out of the work.....I know some of the content maybe 101 stuff to some but as a newb it was a great benefit to me and hopefully will be to others....

All-in-all i've been REALLY satisfied with the results and would reccomend Richo & Brendan anytime...I know they aren't site sponsers but sometimes we need to make an educated guess as to who we let touch our brilliant little cars!!

Thanks to everyone for there constructive feedback and encouragement...now i need to keep the thing on the ground!! Any chance 2XS can pvt msg to give me a run down of what i can do here and how much...that'd be GREAT!

"There are a couple of simple rules of thumb to follow, you can never compare other dyno figures on different days, different measuring devices and different operators, the other rule of thumb is that an engine’s hp is calculated by other types of dyno’s rather than being measured at where it is being applied to the surface at which the tyres make contact. Here’s a quick comparison, it is widely recognised that power is lost between the engines flywheel and the road surface, this figure when using a direct drive from the engine(in this case 5th gear)Is about 30%. There is 1.34hp per Kw. It is then expected that hp at the wheels equals kw at engine(manufacturers claim). Torque figures are also calculated this way by taking into consideration the final drive(diff) ratio. I can verify this, as it is the norm for the last 25 years I’ve been doing this. In your case the primary run of your vehicle was corrupted the only thing I can offer you to compare is a similar car with similar mileage. The MPS3 boast’s 191kw at engine’s flywheel, using the theory that would indicate around 191hp atw. The result that you have is 236hp atw which reflects 236kw at engines flywheel. A gain of 45Kw."

Sorry...would help if you could ACTUALLY READ the results...still getting used to downloading attachments on the site...

Good to see. Main point is that u are happy. Some one will always have bigger /better/faster . Modding is about looking/learning/understanding and above all what u want to spend in your quest for your satisfaction.
    Advice is purely that (advice ) sometimes from experience and other times from those that cant put their money where their mouths are.

Thanks Oldhead ...I think the confused expressions i get from Rex drivers after i blow them away is now satisfaction enough

Amazing results. Looks like torque comes on nice and early which is one of my griefs with this car.

Bet your having trouble keeping all that power to the ground

Yeah mate, pulls ridiculous in 1st and 2nd...sounds awsome as well, has a bit of a rex grumble about her now as well..love it!!

I think i need to look at traction mods etc now though hehe....you think 2XS is good for this?

Here's one of the best traction mods you can get:

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08

great..how do i get my hands on a set of these and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    great..how do i get my hands on a set of these and how much?
    Www.tirerack.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12