User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan GT-R Australian V8 Supercars Pace Car Launch

haha yerh.. but i like the f1 saftey cars.. i think they use the amg mercs!! o so hawt

The gtr hasn't been the safety car for a while now. It's been an audi wagon. Don't know what happend to it, probably blew the gearbox up

simple fact is, there is no way in the world any standard road car could match a v8 supercar around a track. Even the Australian gt championship cars can't match them, and there is a gtr in that class and it's getting blown away

at Bathurst the current official production car lap record is held by an RX7, but unofficially it's Warren luff in a gtr at 2:25 or thereabouts. Well off any v8 supercars pace, even the biante classic cars are faster (though they are serious race cars in an old bodyshell)
    I've seen an modified mx5 laping the mount at close to that speed

the old winfield gtrs that were "banned" (let's not forget ford sierras and BMW m3s were banned aswell) were dominate world wide. It wasn't the gtr that was to quick, it was Fred Gibson and Aussie engineering. They were to go to japan to race, but asked nicely not to show up by nismo, even their cars could not match the Winfield cars. There were a lot of thing about those cars that the jap cars didn't have. Same with the shell ford sierras, dick Johnson and John bowe went to England and dominated an enduro until mechanical failure close to the end.
    The international cars were not as good as our v8s or the Aussie developed turbo cars. So it's NOT the car that was dominate, it was the teams.
    Even the humble VL group A commodore won le mans world touring car race at the hands of moffit and brock. Though it was because of the 3 cars infront were disqualified

3. Default

simple fact is, there is no way in the world any standard road car could match a v8 supercar around a track.

I can think of a least ten cars right now.

At the end of the day they are only taxis.
    When Holden or (Aussie) ford can make a performance car let me know. I have only seen V8 family car's how is that a super car!

Its a super cab

Ok then, name them

the v8 supercars have nothing in common with road cars as mal said before. They are purpose built race cars that slightly resemble road cars. Even the wheel base is different!
    You really need to forget that they are holdens and fords because they aren't.
    No standard road car has lapped Wakefield in less than one minute as far as I know, (according to motor magazine the GT2 Porsche does 1:05) well off even the development series cars. The gt performance series cars are well off v8 supercar pace, they aren't exactly standard road cars.

On a one lap sprint, something might come close, but not after a few laps.
    I remember years ago they merged carrera cup and the 2ltr super tourers. First few laps the carreras could keep up, but by the end of the race they were well back

a stock 35 gtr and a v8 supercar cannot be compared lol

a better comparison would be a modified 35 gtr and a v8 supercar, my money being on the gtr

Not that I like V8 Supercars, as they are so far removed from any real available car that it is not funny. You could put either Ford or Holden badges on them, because so many of the components are identical. Even the bodies, that look the same, are different lengths to the production car.

But to even contemplate a GTR being able to match a V8 Suoercar is ludicrous and stupid (playstation has a lot to answer for)

It is pretty easy to look up lap times of the various vehicles on a huge variety of tracks. As far as on-road vehicles just look up the results of Targa Tasmania.

I'd love to own a Skyline GTR as a road car, but I am not that naive to think they will keep up with any purpose built V8 supercar and for that matter any purpose built high end category race cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12