Thread: OzMPS any p platers here?

ahah yeahh i noee
    shouldnt be much of an issue for that lol

btw forgot to ask what are the sp25's like if anyone has em

Quote Originally Posted by gt4dk View Post
    ahah yeahh i noee
    shouldnt be much of an issue for that lol

btw forgot to ask what are the sp25's like if anyone has em
    I don't own one but drove one for a day when my MPS was getting serviced...hated it with a passion.

The 3 Neo they gave me on another service was way more fun to drive.

Go take an RX-8 for a spin...seriously. With your budget and P plate problem wanting the Mazda "zoom zoom"...that's your car.

ohh really ?
    neo was better to you then the sp25?
    weird fare enuff though

and yeah might consider the rx8 still capable of fitting the mates in the car and are quite quick

ohh really ?
    weird fare enuff though

and yeah might consider the rx8 still capable of fitting the mates in the car and are quite quick
    If you want to fit mates in your car buy a Commodore. If you want something you enjoy driving...

i have a sp25 as well and it i find it to be a great car to drive, but i reckon if you want a fun car that you can drive on your P's than the rx8 is the way to go.....

and it also mean cause its very tight in the back you dont have to worry about the peer passenger rule cause none of your mates will want to cram in the back....

yeahh truu

i cant see why the sp25 wouldnt be good but who noes lol
    iw as looking into the rx8 the gt is a bit above my price range atm though hope it goes down soon

Issue with the RX8 would be insurance. When i was looking the RX8 was significantly more than even the MPS (for me) $1800 vs $950.

Think the biggest difference between the Neo and the SP25 is that the neo's 2ltr will rev better than the 2.5. But the Sp25 has all the luxury gear, and better torque.

Honestly, if you really want a good car with performance, just wait.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the way some of your posts have come across, its people such as yourself are the reason for the P plate restrictions.
    I could well be wrong (likely) but its just the impression i have got.
    The desire to buy a turbo car, dispite knowing its againt the law, and wanting to load up the car with your mates gives that stereotypical impression, again, sorry if thats not the case.

But listen to people such as IBOMPS, as i said, he knows what he is talking about.
    Side note, slightly on topic, in Victoria, do they have the same passenger restrictions for P platers as NSW?

just one thing about rx8's... they require a bit more care than a standard engine... can damage/flood your engine much easier
    but you will learn a number of fantastic car care lessons from owning one

Wow double for insurance for the rx thts quite abit

Point well taken
    I was looking into the mps becoz its good for a normal drive and it has the pull when needed as for piling ppl into the car thts very rare

Also i tend to drive my parents around to places so the mps fits there to. hence space for them and the shopping etc

P platers can carry any amount of ppl when on their greens which im on
    Sent from my GT-I9100

I'm on my P plates lol geeze guys way to forget about me, I'm still on my reds too :P in W.A =) and @gt4dk I personally think it's not as dangerous as people make it out to be, if you don't drive liek a dick it's very unlikely, and try get your self use to the torque steer like go to a private bit of land /warehouse and get use to it, at first I was shit scared of the torque steer now it doesn't bother me one bit, other wise one day you might smash it into gear than be surprised and veer off the road...

Did you think about gettign the 6 MPS instead?

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

ohh really ?
    weird fare enuff though

it's your car man, don't base your decision on what your mates will think, at the end of the day you're driving it..

Wa got no laws though isnt it man?
    U can drive them there?

Truu i dnt drive like an idiot most of the time drive 2 n from work n thts it lol so yer im still pretty biased on getting n mps whether it be a 6 or bk bl 3

As for torque steer thts good advice

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    it's your car man, don't base your decision on what your mates will think, at the end of the day you're driving it..
    +1...

oops i had a skyline gt-t r34 on my p plates for a while i lost license due to speeding fines my bad and they gave it back must not of been illegal then , didnt say anything about it when i got pulled over either is this a new law or something?

Based on your age, I would say that the laws were put into place well and truly after you got your p plates, assuming you got them at normal 17-18years old.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I correct in saying that dispute knowing that its illegal to drive a turbocharged car while on p plates, GT4DK is still considering buying a turbo charged car?

If its a good law or a bad law, it doesn't matter, a law is law.
    It's the young drivers like that, are the ones that spoil it for the mature level headed responsible drivers like "rfzd"

nar i didnt get license right away .... was few years ago now though but because i lost license it held me back an extra year on top of the usual 3 years so i didnt get my full license till i was round 24-5 so a good 4-5years ago now ... level headed drivers still have accidents as therse so many bad drivers with full licenses of all ages i can say ive never had an accident and i hope i never do being my fault or any one else .

yer correct wai after the laws were put in place
    pretty stupid laws we have here

we can drive turbo charged diesel engined bmw and jags cranking out 700nm of torque but
    we cant drive petrol turbo's for eg. vw golf 118 tsi stupid ><

still thinkin i dnt noe wht to do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12