Thread: OzMPS any p platers here?

Default OzMPS any p platers here?

Hey guys
    Have yet to intro myself
    Names justin n currently own an old slow 4 banger lol dnt bother asking

Anyway
    I was just wondering is there any members here that are on there p's
    N driving either mps models?

heh, people on P's in a mps... it's a slightly scary thought to be honest...
    i would suggest you drive a 6-cylinder RWD car before trying a MPS (ie basic falcon/commodore) give you an idea of the power in a safer package...
    the last P-plater we had in a MPS crashed (fortunately survived ) so it's a bit of a touchy subject
    guessing you're in the ACT or WA?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Not in Victoria mate i was 21 when i got mine 3 months after i got off my P's... It would be doable they are pretty subtle as long as it was stock, so you should see any attention from the police.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    heh, people on P's in a mps... it's a slightly scary thought to be honest...
    i would suggest you drive a 6-cylinder RWD car before trying a MPS (ie basic falcon/commodore) give you an idea of the power in a safer package...
    the last P-plater we had in a MPS crashed (fortunately survived ) so it's a bit of a touchy subject
    guessing you're in the ACT or WA?
    Haha yeah this is right on the money for me lol, came from a worked XR6 similar power just no turbo kick in a less refined package but the sense of speed was similar due to the moderness of the MPS
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Very few members with p plates, purely because its illegal to drive a turbo charged car on p plates in the majority of states.

Cool on the replys

Well i have driven various cars already 1 of them being a v8 sc400 soarer they pump out roughly the same power i think.
    I found that a walk in the park to drive so iono

Also im from vic n mps here arnt frequent n bk model looking alot like standard 3 may be alright?

Sent from my GT-I9100

in vic - cant drive MPS,

now if you choose to drive one and not to put P plates up and you get caught, then there is 6 points and your probationary licence suspended...... big gamble

And Ian knows.....

My suggestion will be if your on your p plates, forget about a mps unfortunately

Cops aren't stupid, don't try to pull the wool over their eyes and think you could get away with it because they look the same.

And as for driving the soarer and finding it ok with the same amount of power.... well power doesn't make up for the fact they weigh the same as a small moon.
    They ate nothing like a MPS to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by gt4dk View Post
    Cool on the replys

Well i have driven various cars already 1 of them being a v8 sc400 soarer they pump out roughly the same power i think.
    I found that a walk in the park to drive so iono

Also im from vic n mps here arnt frequent n bk model looking alot like standard 3 may be alright?

Sent from my GT-I9100
    i would strongly suggest against it... brad's driven heaps of cars, so he'll know the difference in power delivery etc...
    be careful, there are police who drive MPS's, and are members of this forum they also know what to look for between a standard 3 and a MPS
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Depends where in Victoria, i'm not saying do it or saying police dont have a clue, but the amount of P platers in Gti's, XR6 Turbos, SS utes or 180s 200s S14 and S15 is unbelievable. My mate was in his HSV VXR for 5 months before he was off his P's and never got looked out even with mods lol.

From chatting to the cop I know well here in nsw he told me that he won't go out hunting for p platers that are driving illegal cars, but that's just him.
    He told me that he'd rather be out catching people putting others at risk than sitting around doing paperwork.
    However, if he catches a p platers in a illegal car doing something wrong....well in a censored version of his words "they're screwed"

There's also the question of insurance. Regardless of whether or not you have the car insured in someone else's name (mum/dad/older brother/sister etc), I doubt you'd be able to be listed as a registered driver of the car due to age and legality. Which means if you're driving the car and have an accident where you need to trade details, insurance won't pay out.

I was a P plater till about 3 weeks ago. Had the MPS3 for over a year, before that had a Mada 6 Classic hatch and before that an Integra LS.

As for the comments of a P plater in a MPS being scary I say thanks Jerks. I personally have never had an accident or even a speeding fine and people that know me know I drive on the grandma side. So don't fricken lump all P platers into the same freakin catogery. Sick to death of having to deal with it thanks to Insurance companies alone without hearing that P platers make for terrible drivers in turbo cars..........

Anyway Was perfectly legal for me to drive it in the ACT so I got it. But the insurance will be the stopper really.
    Now with less zoom zoom

Why have an MPS if you drive like a grandma? I'm not saying break the law but that just seems odd to me.

from
    MMMPPPSSSEXY

I think by Grandma she means 5 below the limit and so on not like 20 below the limit. I do this more often then not but when on a cruise or driving with mates its 'thoroughly driving an MPS the way it should be' lol.

heyy guys
    thanks for the replies

yeahh main reason why i have been thinkin whether or not to get it
    was thiknin dnt show the p plates and drive normally not like an idiot

lol small moon point taken they are quite a heavy car

as for the insurance thts another thing thts got me rethinkin
    the thing is i want to be able to drive an mps now when its still new
    but looks like i gotta have to wait till i finish my p's in 3 years and by then alot of the second hand ones woulda stacked up quite a few km's ><

i dont know risk it or not follow a passion >< hard desicion

If you have the coin you could get the MPS and use it as a track car in the mean time while you are still on your Ps. As most that are for sale now have lots of ks on them for age. Then just stick to driving the 4 banger around as a daily is much cheaper that way.

Also I don't drive fast in a straight line as that is boring as hell, however through corners I go for it sometimes or on cruises I give it some hence why I have an MPS. Do not need to hammer it around all the time as all it does is drink fuel and make me a target.
    Now with less zoom zoom

wouldnt have much time in the car if it was just for track days
    with full time work and all that i hardly have any free time lol

yerr i agree with you i alwaizz enjoy the twistyy roads rather then 0-80 oh have to let of the gas coz of stupid limits ><
    in fact i tend to go around melb jsut to find the best roads lol

also if the mps does end up being a no go what NA car would be be able to "take over" for the mps in the mean time ?

also if the mps does end up being a no go what NA car would be be able to "take over" for the mps in the mean time ?
    How much coin have you got?

An older Integra Type R or newer Civic Type R would be what I'd look at.

RX-8 or MX-5 perhaps?

Renault Clio 182?

Ford Fiesta XR4?

Plenty of non-turbo good handling options out there with a little bit of poke.

yerr i was also looking at integra type s
    dont particularily like the civic type r and there interiors arnt much

i dnt have the required cash yet but when i do ill have around 32000 to muck around wif

yerr i was also looking at integra type s
    dont particularily like the civic type r and there interiors arnt much

i dnt have the required cash yet but when i do ill have around 32000 to muck around wif
    Make sure you set aside some $$ out of that for full comprehensive insurance...you might get a rude shock when it comes to insuring your ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast