User Tag List

Thread: which to buy 3 or 6 mps ?

Default which to buy 3 or 6 mps ?

hey guys =]

im new to this forum
    and have been looking at getting one of the 2 cars mentioned above!

i have heard many great things about these cars so its made my desicion a little harder to choose by

also what should i look into when i get one as it will more then likely be a second hand model

cheers

Look I've owned a Gen 1 2008 Sports and after doing a track day with mazda when I bought the bravo ute I had great pleasure driving the MPS 6 & 3 the RX8 and the MX5 and when it was time to replace the V8 the MPS 3 was the much better feel for how I drove, just felt that much better all round car, I was expecting the 6 to be better for cornering but the 3 was got the heart pumping...... Wish you luck... and Welcome onboard.
    Last edited by 240MPS; 09-06-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

thanx for the quick reply
    I was leaning more towards the 3 mps for most of time.

What bothers me is that they dont sound very reliable when secondhand ie faulty engine mounts

Keep the info coming

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The engine mount is a very minor issue, its easily and relatively cheaply fixed.

My suggestion to you before this thread turns into a 3 vs 6 argument again, drive both cars, they are very different, the 6 is refined and classy, the 3 is raw. Both attributes that appeal to different people.

We could all argue why whichever car is best all day, but ultimately, the choice is yours, 1 might suit your needs more than the other, but neither are the better car

Issues are much the same for either car, and no different to any car.
    Let it idle for several minutes and look for white smoke out of the exhaust.
    Listen for a rattley motor, they are noisy at the best of times, so probably a good idea for an mps experieniced ear come with you.
    Realistically, the things that go wrong with MPS' are the sort of thing that goes wrong with any car.
    And as long as you don't stumble across a car with a bent rod (unknown cause, mostly happens modified cars) everything else is pretty cheap to fix.

Thx for the informed responce
    My liking has alwais been raw over refined

Soo ill probs go the 3
    Good to noe the engine mount are not a serz issue

Sent from my GT-I9100

Like Brad (bd582) said; the 6 and 3 are different cars and driving both I'm sure you'll know which is for you.

Mazda make good cars and these MPSs are no exception. If you put time into finding a good 3 or 6 you'll surely be addicted like we are!

Keep us posted and be sure to do lots of homework searching the threads here for any questions you have!

Tom

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy

If you wanna be cool buy a 3...

But if you wanna be awesome buy a 6.....

Ahah
    Yeah i think 3 is the go atm just finding another problem im stuck in atm which i have posted elsewhere

Ahah also if u want to be unique buy the 6 lol
    Ive only seen 1 6 in westside melb down in werribee tend to park beside it just to check it out.

Sent from my GT-I9100

FWIW I'd pay reasonably close attention to the post from IBOMPS (Ian) in your other thread

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174878

As BD581 (Brad) pointed out, he knows. Won't say any more than that

Cheers,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk